VZ ever release phones without Pre-order?

Brooke

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It looks now like 11/25 (Black Friday) is now the soonest we can expect anything from VZ on the GNex. I'm thinking (hoping!) 11/25 pre-order, 11/28 delivery, which would be OK with me, as I'm traveling over the holidays and couldn't get the phone anyway ...

My question is whether there will necessarily be a pre-order? I assume so, since that allows corporate customers (like my wife's firm) to receive the phone on release day. Is there precedent for VZ just releasing a phone out of the blue? N this case, is there any precedent for VZ just making it available 11/25?

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
theyve released devices w/o pre-orders before, but the only ones that immediately comes to mind are the "sequel" phones (e.g. Droid 3)

jamontoast1291

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Droid didn't have a pre-order. I may be wrong, but I don't remember the Fascinate, Charge, Incredible, Thunderbolt, or Bionic having pre-orders either. The non-flagship phones like the LG Ally or the Moto devour never have them either. It seems like Verizon rarely does pre-orders.

Reactions: guitardedhero

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Droid didn't have a pre-order. I may be wrong, but I don't remember the Fascinate, Charge, Incredible, Thunderbolt, or Bionic having pre-orders either. The non-flagship phones like the LG Ally or the Moto devour never have them either. It seems like Verizon rarely does pre-orders.

Verizon doesn't do preorders much anymore seems like they want more people to buy online rather than in store.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
They will not announce ANYTHING on Black Friday. That is the worst possible day to do it, because consumers will be tuned out. Frankly, Verizon should announce something on Wednesday, before the holiday shopping craziness begins. Otherwise, they may miss people that spend that money elsewhere.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
They will not announce ANYTHING on Black Friday. That is the worst possible day to do it, because consumers will be tuned out. Frankly, Verizon should announce something on Wednesday, before the holiday shopping craziness begins. Otherwise, they may miss people that spend that money elsewhere.

Exactly and waiting until dec 8th does not make much sense since most won't have much money to spend on extra things after black friday.

ardabey

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

Droid didn't have a pre-order through Verizon, but it was announced in advance and Best Buy took preorders. The preroders were available to pick up in BB brick & mortar stores on the release day.

I don't know how they guaranteed to give you your preorder on the release day unless Verizon is in the loop regarding the preorder numbers.

But Droid line is a whole different story, and it was even a bigger deal for Verizon back then, as it was their fighter against the AT&T-only iPhone.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Exactly and waiting until dec 8th does not make much sense since most won't have much money to spend on extra things after black friday.

Well, see, if they announce it before the weekend (even on Thanksgiving), then people might hold back a bit and save that money. But considering how stupid Verizon has played this whole thing, I wouldn't expect anything until the day before launch.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers