Google's Tech Specs say 32GB Only Now

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I suppose if Samsung isn't going to release the device to Verizon (as I was just informed by a Verizon rep who called in response to an email) they might as well change the specs while we wait, huh?!

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean not going to release it to Verizon? We've seen the back saying Verizon already and they have accessories in the store.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
The specs also has under data: LTE/CDMA * WIFI * Bluetooth
And BATTERY: 1850mAh

So it is clear that this phone is the Verizon version and that is why it only shows 32G

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I suppose if Samsung isn't going to release the device to Verizon (as I was just informed by a Verizon rep who called in response to an email) they might as well change the specs while we wait, huh?!

It's... It's.... CANCELLED?!?!????

ohnoes.jpg

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
They also have 32GB listed for the UK model.

no. go to google.co.uk/nexus you'll see the tech specs indicate HSPA+, 16 gigs, and the smaller size of the GSM version, whearas google.com/nexus says LTE, 32 gigs, and you can even see the slight difference in thickness if you compare them side by side.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Verizon reps are a funny bunch.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
When I got my Rezound I told the guy I didn't want the Razr because it has blur (I wish I did get the Razr because sense is actually worse than blur). He tried to assure the Razr did not have Blur, and that only one early non android Motorola phone ran Blur. Then suggested 3 lower end phones to me including the iphone (eewwww). The guy I spoke to on the phone about the return policy to make sure it's longer than 14 days (he said it was not, the website and the second rep said otherwise, and even sent it in a txt) suggested the pantech to replace my Rezound if I wasn't happy smh. Yes VZW reps know so much.

anon(525422)

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
This makes me happy. Spent the last month mentally bracing for the worst case scenario of a 16GB phone and convincing myself I'd cope with USB hosting and microSD adapters ... so I'm relieved to see something semi-almost-kinda-nearly-finally-official-looking that confirms 32GB.

It's not the 64GB+ I was hoping to get on my next phone, but at least it's not a capacity downgrade from my 32GB 3GS. I don't want to have *any* reasons to regret dumping this iPhone!

johnnieeve

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I was in a Verizon Wireless store today, asking a sales Rep about the Nexus. He confirmed he and all store Reps have been through ICS training, but nothing specific on the Nexus, although he did acknowledge the Nexus would be coming. I asked about December 8th as a release date for both the Nexus and Droid 4. Again, no confirm one way or the other. But, ICS training has been completed at the Lynwood, WA store, so BRING ON THE NEXUS! Oh, as to the Droid 4, he said it's possible it would come out the same day as the Nexus, but again, he had nothing official.

JoeBtfsplk

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
This will determine whether it's a go or a no-go for me. If you are coming from another phone or provider you probably already use somewhere near a 16GB capacity. With no external storage that's a show stopper. At 32GB I'm dubious (no external SD or any other kind of external expansion) but will still likely get one.

Not very intelligent marketing to limit the desirability to users with less than 16GB already.

GTX1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Not to throw fuel to the fire here, but not a single iPhone has mircoSD card support. Not that I needed to point that out to you, but don't you think that if Apple is able to pull off a successful phone without SD support, El Goog is?

I know the phones call to different kinds of people, but I'm sure someone can make do without having every single episode of House on their phone. 32GB should be plenty is what I'm saying.... No?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers