The Officially Official Verizon Rep "Source" Thread

Wireless Vet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The people who are on here are pissed because Verizon isn't talking and continues week after week not to talk......this is where the problem lies. And they know the reason Verizon isn't talking is because they know that if Verizon gives a date then people may not want the bloat phones and wait for the GN. These same "childish" consumers spend a lot of money with Verizon. I would agree that they are childish if this was 2 weeks after the phone was announced but its not....its now over a month. This phone is released over seas with more releases every couple of weeks. So, keep in mind that these "childish" tech geeks in this forum help you have a job, especially when they buy phones as often as they do.

The act of buying a phone has no affect on the business I do. The signing of contracts has everything to do with it. So, if "buying phones as often as they do" means buying phones when you aren't due for an upgrade or opening a new line, it means nothing to me. Dating back to the release of the Blackberry Storm, I constantly read comments by people like yourself about the carrier not "talking", and "talking to the public before a phone release rarely happens. A date is given, it either is set as a pre sale or it goes on sale on a certain date, you all get the phone, then you complain about it. Samme cycle every time.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Based on the current status you know and your past experiences with device releases. Would you say a December 8th nationwide store release is still possible or not looking too good?

EDIT: Also can you comment on this?

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image
Your attathed .jpgs are nothing new, it's a VzW release roadmap for stores, usually when pix like this surface as a purported, leak submission to a tech. site. Often the source of this is an employee inbox. They pop up accompanying any launch, some eventually prove true but many are faked. No way to prove it's validity til it's announced or the device launches.

Last edited:

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
ferris-buellers-day-off-1986-kristy-swanson.jpg

Reactions: thecandidate

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
The act of buying a phone has no affect on the business I do. The signing of contracts has everything to do with it. So, if "buying phones as often as they do" means buying phones when you aren't due for an upgrade or opening a new line, it means nothing to me. Dating back to the release of the Blackberry Storm, I constantly read comments by people like yourself about the carrier not "talking", and "talking to the public before a phone release rarely happens. A date is given, it either is set as a pre sale or it goes on sale on a certain date, you all get the phone, then you complain about it. Samme cycle every time.

My advice, get over it, get used to it or be done with it, if hanging out in forums is enjoyable to you. It'll drive you batty if you don't do one or the others.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I work for vzw as you guys know and we know nothing about a release date. We do however have tons of accessories for it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

What about buying a phone and signing/renewing a contract?

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Feel like this is a support group for all us disappointed GN fans :)

Alright, nothing to see here, move along~

Don't be disappointed man.......Verizon is just taking weeks and weeks and weeks to work out "bugs". I wonder what executive thought of that one...LOL. These "bug" posts are more entertaining to read than anything else in here. I guess Verizon anticipated these "bugs" from the very beginning because they never gave any date of a release from day 1. So we are dealing with some very convenient bugs here people....LOL

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
What is the huge backlash?
Shortly, after ICS unpacked. People flooded sitew for release info. since Verizon was rumored to carry it but was not in Hong Kong for the unpacking. When people saw Samsungs tweet that was in response to a question about the release. They stated Verizon was the only carrier who signed on for the Nexus US launch, at that time. Which was a solid confirmation for rumors that pointed to a Nexus on Big Red. Verizon didn't find that amusing for whatever reason, so they made Samsung retract that tweet and reissue one stating they were wrong about the tweet and had no info. on who would get it. Which panicked some into thinking the Nexus got ditched by Big Red because they did the same thing previously at the last minute, ditched the Nexus release for a Droid branded phone. Big Red got flooded w/ angry questions, threats to leave and ultimatums, about it and then made themselves look like morons by issuing the confirmation they would carry it and release it later this year. Just to stem the flow of a bad decision they put on Samsungs back when they tried to avoid release questions. They made Samsung lie, only to be exposed.as frauds soon after. That's the only reason they issued that pr to media outlets. They don't want to kick the hive that soon after. These recent posts about occupy Verizon, Facebook interactions and petitions pale in comparison to the first round of emails & consumer complaints over the Twitter nonsense.

Last edited:

gnipeh

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
STFU, they just issued an ICS udate from 4.1.01 to 4.1.02 a few days ago. An ota which was only sent to the SCH-I515. So tell me they aren't working out bugs. Some of you guys drive me nuts w/ this crap.

Bugs in the phone could be funny in many ways
1) Sounds like your phone is some insects' home
2) Bugs are not in the phone, but in the software / OS - Android
3) There are always bugs here or there, and that is usually what makes rooting possible. If one keeps testing for more bugs, a phone or a version of software will never be released. Bugs as significant as that volume thing didn't stop the release, hardly anything other than phone doesn't start / app doesn't launch should have stopped the release.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Bugs in the phone could be funny in many ways
1) Sounds like your phone is some insects' home
2) Bugs are not in the phone, but in the software / OS - Android
3) There are always bugs here or there, and that is usually what makes rooting possible. If one keeps testing for more bugs, a phone or a version of software will never be released. Bugs as significant as that volume thing didn't stop the release, hardly anything other than phone doesn't start / app doesn't launch should have stopped the release.

Not to mention google issued a quick ota fix for the volume bug which most likely would not effect the vzw version since it is a different band.

Reactions: FishPharm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21