My theory of why / how VZW is going to do this.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Just throwing this out there... Would the volume bug even have an effect on the LTE version? If it is radio-related like they're saying, I would think it wouldn't do the same thing to a phone with completely different radio hardware.

I don't know anything on the subject, though :)

Plus they already said they had a fix so if by some strange chance it did affect the lte version they could have released it and issued a bug fix right away. I mean look at the current phones verizon has and the bugs they have and were released with and yet no fix is in site ala bionic. It is all a crock of if you ask me. It isn't about bugs it's about sales of the bloated phones first and foremost.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The way I understand it, it only affects phones when they run on a 900Mhz band. If the phone switches to 2G (edge or G as indicated on phone) another device on that band can screw up the volume. I also believe it just happens randomly, even if it doesn't come in contact with another device, when it switches to 2G.

I think since VZW uses CDMA with a different band, it won't effect it. LTE is 700Mhz (I think) so, it wouldn't effect it either.

Exactly my thinking... So the volume bug wouldn't be a valid reason for the "delay"

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Plus they already said they had a fix so if by some strange chance it did affect the lte version they could have released it and issued a bug fix right away. I mean look at the current phones verizon has and the bugs they have and were released with and yet no fix is in site ala bionic. It is all a crock of if you ask me. It isn't about bugs it's about sales of the bloated phones first and foremost.

You're probably right. I'm so sick of seeing all those Razr commercials. Haha! and as I'm typing this, there is a Rezound comercial on.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
You're probably right. I'm so sick of seeing all those Razr commercials.

I see rezound commercials all the time. They are so stupid cars blowing up like the guy is zeus or something and everything around him crumbles while he listens to his jams through his beats lol.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
You're right, they didn't. Don't you remember google's nexus S page? "For the nexus S on verizon, buy the DROID INCREDIBLE 2."

That was Verizon's bait-and-switch remember???

And that is the real reason the incredible 2 left, and now is back. They had all their leftover Incredibles fitted with a red exterior and they're trying to get rid of them all this Friday by making them free with contract.

Erm. No. They never did that. You're thinking of the nexus ONE and the first incredible.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: Premium1

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
You're right, they didn't. Don't you remember google's nexus S page? "For the nexus S on verizon, buy the DROID INCREDIBLE 2."

That was Verizon's bait-and-switch remember???

And that is the real reason the incredible 2 left, and now is back. They had all their leftover Incredibles fitted with a red exterior and they're trying to get rid of them all this Friday by making them free with contract.

No that was the nexus one. Damn post a theory and can't even back it up with actual facts. Google is great for backing up "theories" Verizon Nexus One is Dead, but That's Okay | PCWorld
Verizon

When the Nexus One was first announced in January 2010, Google said that a Verizon model would be made available later in the year.[41] But in late April 2010, Google announced that "We won't be selling a Nexus One with Verizon ...",[42] and told users who wanted the Nexus One on Verizon to get the HTC Droid Incredible, "a powerful new Android phone and a cousin of the Nexus One that is similarly feature-packed."[43]

There you go.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Plus they already said they had a fix so if by some strange chance it did affect the lte version they could have released it and issued a bug fix right away. I mean look at the current phones verizon has and the bugs they have and were released with and yet no fix is in site ala bionic. It is all a crock of you ask me. It isn't about bugs it's about sales of the bloated phones first and foremost.

Whoa, hold up there. There's a huge difference between the GN vs other releases, for a litany of very obvious reasons. Those bugs you refer to were post release, Arising issues pre release are intolerable. Verizon is very stringent about that sort of thing. Which is why their testing lasts longer than other carriers. They would never launch a phone w/ an issue if it popped up in the pre release period. They want a clean production model upon release cuz they don't want the hassle of fielding complaints unless it occurs post launch. I could go on about this but I don't think anyone really wants to read a lengthy post on the subject.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Whoa, hold up there. There's a huge difference between the GN vs other releases, for a litany of very obvious reasons. Those bugs you refer to were post release, Arising issues pre release are intolerable. Verizon is very stringent about that sort of thing. Which is why their testing lasts longer than other carriers. They would never launch a phone w/ an issue if it popped up in the pre release period. They want a clean production model upon release cuz they don't want the hassle of fielding complaints unless it occurs post launch. I could go on about this but I don't think anyone really wants to read a lengthy post on the subject.

So none of the issues that were with the tb from day one would have not been noticed in testing? Or the bionic? Verizon supposedly tests more yet their phones have more bugs than other carriers. The battery life issue on the tb was known from pre testing and yet they still released it with no change. Same with a host of other bugs.

S.Meezy

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Obligatory every phone Verizon released ever has a slew of bugs comment.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
@ OP you are just getting owned tonight. I mean first the comment about verizon never releasing 2 phones on same day, and then this.. Maybe you should hang it up for the night lol.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Exactly my thinking... So the volume bug wouldn't be a valid reason for the "delay"

Yeah he's 100% correct. Verizon does use the 700mhz band for LTE. Verizon also uses the 1900mhz and 850 mhz bands for EVDO (3G). So if this bug does have to do with the frequencies the GSM variant is using I highly doubt it would be in the LTE version too.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So none of the issues that were with the tb from day one would have not been noticed in testing? Or the bionic? Verizon supposedly tests more yet their phones have more bugs than other carriers. The battery life issue on the tb was known from pre testing and yet they still released it with no change. Same with a host of other bugs.

I swear I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ or a d!*k, but answering this post, breaking it all down, would be very time consuming. Frankly, I'd really have to force myself to put in the effort unless it was a necessity. Is it really?

pr0crast

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Bingo. The cost of shipping them back overseas, have them essentially disassembled, repackaged and then shipped back would be outrageously expensive and make absolutely no sense. It would be cheaper for them to simply manufacture new red Incredible2's than to repurpose old stock.
Uhhh... I'm not sure how your math works out there. Shipping is not expensive in bulk. Paying $1 a week to 3rd world laborers to open some boxes and slap on a new color case is not expensive. Phone hardware... That's expensive. VZW makes money on the contracts -- so this would essentially be a manufacturer's decision. Whatever $ they get from VZW when a two year plan is signed on a smartphone obviously outweighs the cost to ship and recase a phone. There's a reason when a recall happens they "recall" the devices rather than just sending everyone new ones.

whartpence

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
And then it hit me. A RED incredible 2, free during Black Friday. What gives? They aren't even selling the incredible 2 anymore- look at their website. This is what I think is going on...

Verizon wants to move their old inventory. They decided the best way to sell their leftover incredible 2s is to slap a new color scheme on the unsold phones.

Thoughts?

The black Incredible 2 is, and has been, available on Verizon's website and in their corporate stores since it was released earlier this year.

Reactions: Premium1

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I swear I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ or a d!*k, but answering this post, breaking it all down, would be very time consuming. Frankly, I'd really have to force myself to put in the effort unless it was a necessity. Is it really?

No need to break anything down, it isn't going to change the fact verizon does all this testing yet still has a ton of bugs with their phones. Simple as that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781