Rather odd flash ad for Verizon's 'holiday deals'

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Came on AC's forums tonight, but didn't log in, and I noticed a rather odd flash ad for Verizon's 'holiday deals'. Its the one with a train car that has three verizon phone models in it. The phone furthest to the right in the ad? A Galaxy Nexus.

Very, very strange.

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: What the?

Came on AC's forums tonight, but didn't log in, and I noticed a rather odd flash ad for Verizon's 'holiday deals'. Its the one with a train car that has three verizon phone models in it. The phone furthest to the right in the ad? A Galaxy Nexus.

Very, very strange.

Is that a sign for a tomorrow release or was the "holiday" for Christmas?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

Looks like vzw did intend to have a black Friday release. Nice to see a price lower than expected, too. Maybe a sub-600 off-contract price

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I sure hope Verizon doesn't "update" that $199.99 price. :D The only thing that worries me about that price is that the Verizon Nexus may only have 16 GB internal storage.

Last edited:

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

only $200? finding that out is like an early christmas present itself.
also nice to see they are advertising it. I was really starting to believe the conspiracy crazies.

I sure hope Verizon doesn't "update" that $199.99 price. :D The only thing that worries me about that price is that the Verizon Nexus may only have 16 GB internal storage.

no. google's specs page indicate the LTE version is 32 gigs

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

The $199 price could have been a Black friday price, since it didn't come out on Black Friday I expect it to be $299.99 when it hits.

Reactions: ggpike

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

What concerns me is the smaller text in the Ad of "New Data Pak" required... I could see them "Verizion" modifying the Data Plan and pricing to accomidate added costs.

I'm not saying that's the case... but some of these marketing and sales people are very creative to say the least...

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site

How incredibly bizarre. Perhaps this is proof that the GN was to have been launched already. More so puts to light on how much of a mess this whole thing has been. Someone is going to be in trouble come Monday morning. Either that or we are looking at something legit. Though, given how things have been, I doubt any good will come from this.

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
What concerns me is the smaller text in the Ad of "New Data Pak" required... I could see them "Verizion" modifying the Data Plan and pricing to accomidate added costs.

I'm not saying that's the case... but some of these marketing and sales people are very creative to say the least...

every smartphone says "new data pack required". It is just to let people know that they cannot buy a smartphone without a data plan

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781