Possible ICS phone other then Nexus in December..

thescreensavers

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Could be designed for ICS but only have ginger on it when it releases.

Also people say to run away from LG phones, not sure why though.

Last edited:

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
The three-button design isn't new. Original Galaxy S. Galaxy S II. Countless other phones -- back to Froyo (if not earlier?)

Xephik

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The International version of the Galaxy S II has only 3 buttons. Like thescreensavers said, it will most like release with GB and then get a future ICS update. But maybe not.

Remember that although WiFI-only tablets are easy to get an upgrade from, cell phones are not due to carrier interference. If you look it up on Engadget, they posted the entire process that the ATrix had to go through on AT&T. The software on these phones goes through weeks of testing before they are allowed to be released on these phones, and since source only dropped a couple of weeks ago the likelihood of any phone besides the GN coming out with ICS at launch before February (If that) is slim to none. I'm going to bet on April-May before updates/new releases have ICS.

mechapathy

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Could be designed for ICS but only have ginger on it when it releases.

I vowed never to buy another LG after owning a Chocolate 2. Thing broke 5 times over the course of my contract. Once at a gig I had it on my bassists cab, and the screen just exploded mid set. Forget that.

Lanzeelus

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

People seem to have had bad experiences with LG on Verizon (maybe others too). Personally though, I haven't had a single LG phone that I haven't loved. I'm on Virgin Mobile though so I haven't used any high end phones, but the LG Optimus One (and its variants) is fantastic for a low end Android phone. Even though it's low end, the performance doesn't make me want to kick an orphan. It's fairly smooth and even manages to play some 3D games. I've found zero faults with any of the hardware either, which is where I think people find problems with LG phones.

A lot of people don't like LG, but they're my favorite manufacturer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz