If preorders happen, better to buy release morning or preorder?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: If preorders happen, better to buy release morning or preorde

haha thats a little overboard lol..

i usually have a $50 credit or something when i upgrade so i have to go into VZW. funny enough ive got $50 credit now im gonna use for the Gnexus. I at least let them open it, put in the sim card and battery and they hand it over to me and i never give it back lol.

That's generally how it is for me as well they open and activate it and hand it to me. They see me in there so often looking at phones and chatting it up that they know I know the rest of the deal.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

"Does ordering online allow you to select your area code and/or number (from an list of available numbers, obviously)?"

I would like to know an answer to that question too. I am adding a line and want a specific area code.

Yes you can select the area code and exchange (middle set of numbers). You can also change it after the fact via My Verizon if you don't like what you get but you DO get to choose the first 6 numbers.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I am just trying to figure out if they will go up for preorder at midnight tonight or 6 am.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I am just trying to figure out if they will go up for preorder at midnight tonight or 6 am.

Most likely neither but if they do they usually happen at midnight unless it is the iphone than it is 3am eastern time.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Most likely neither but if they do they usually happen at midnight unless it is the iphone than it is 3am eastern time.

If that's the case it looks like I am up till 3 am atleast. Maybe I ougtta fire up the PS3 and get a few rounds of "The Master's" in while I am waiting.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site

Can you preorder in a Verizon store. I'm using cash and I would rather get it from a Verizon store. I know you can at Best Buy but I don't want to deal with the hassle of getting the price down to Verizon's price.

lightmup

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

For any new Verizon subscribers, definitely go with a pre-order, the double data promotion is going to end on November 30th.

E.T.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

lightmup,any link to double data promotion ending Nov.30?

This page said (and this was back on Nov 8th) that the end-date for the offer has not yet been decided, "but Verizon is likely to take advantage of the coming shopping spree events, such as Black Friday and the Christmas shopping buildup to push their new promotion."

charveldude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

You can do that as part of the order process, but there is a chance your old phone could be deactivated before you get the new one. You can also do the port after the fact vie My Verizon or by calling the port center (866-465-5415) which is free and usually only takes a few minutes. You may (probably will) need a new SIM card if you do a post port like that but that is also free in a corporate store.

In your situation I would pre order and activate the new phone with a new number, test it out and a day or so later visit a corporate store and have them do the port for you and give you the new SIM card if needed.

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know. Of course, that's assuming the darned thing ever gets released. :)

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Its actually some date in January, don't have a link but I've seen the paper versions of the leaked docs talking about it.
For someone who makes alot of posts about "leaked docs. being fakes until Verizon says so". I find this comment somewhat notable, given the reference point. Just bustin' yer b@lls.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

For someone who makes alot of posts about "leaked docs. being fakes until Verizon says so". I find this comment somewhat notable, given the reference point. Just bustin' yer b@lls.

What I was getting at is that I have seen in person via my job the docs talking about this which had already leaked on this site. The same thing was true over the grand-parented in unlimited data. I saw them here first since I work for an Indirect retailer not a corporate store and we are sometimes the last to know, but I did see them a few days later when my VZW rep visited.

have24

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site

I'm in a huge debate on whether to preorder or get this phone the morning of if it comes out Dec. 8. I'm going to a Kansas State basketball game Dec. 8th and I'm afraid that if I per-order, it will show up at my door after I have left for the basketball game. I really want to have this phone for the two hour car ride so I can mess around with it and the city I'm going to will have 4G and I want to mess around on that. With preorder...will the phone arrive, say the day before release or will it arrive the day of release? Or should I just hedge my bets and go pick one up at the local Verizon store?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm in a huge debate on whether to preorder or get this phone the morning of if it comes out Dec. 8. I'm going to a Kansas State basketball game Dec. 8th and I'm afraid that if I per-order, it will show up at my door after I have left for the basketball game. I really want to have this phone for the two hour car ride so I can mess around with it and the city I'm going to will have 4G and I want to mess around on that. With preorder...will the phone arrive, say the day before release or will it arrive the day of release? Or should I just hedge my bets and go pick one up at the local Verizon store?
First of all, that's a big IF. But, if it does come out that day, I would just go to the closest store that day. From all my experiences, I think you need to sign for the phone upon delivery. So, it may not be sitting on your doorstep for your neighbor to enjoy, but you may have to go to the local distribution center to pick it up, which would be a bigger pain.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

Considering just preordering with negrielectronics at full price, that way I can decide for myself what I want, Droid Razr (current phone) or this. $650 shipped with no tax isnt bad for off contract. Then i can decide if i want to sell the DROID Razr or return it and hold onto my upgrade for a future device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers