Extended Battery for Galaxy Nexus

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
It's a shame that an extended battery is almost a must these days. You think at some point these manufacturers would wise up and provide a battery that is needed. I'm not an intense user and still have trouble with the standard battery on my Droid 2 making it through the day.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'll buy it right now, if available lol

I've got the extended battery on my Bionic and it's much thicker but at the same time I don't mind it since I know I can make the full day without turning off 4G.

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
It's a shame that an extended battery is almost a must these days. You think at some point these manufacturers would wise up and provide a battery that is needed. I'm not an intense user and still have trouble with the standard battery on my Droid 2 making it through the day.

Extended batteries = big profit for the manufacturers.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My D2 got awesome battery life, especially when compared to the battery life on the DX.

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
"2,000mAh as opposed to the stock battery which has 1,750"

Meh...

Call me when there's a -real- extended battery .....one of those giant suckers that can also power your house or jump your car, might actually have a chance at making it a full 24hrs off charger ;)

Seriously tho, I'm happy to see batteries, finally..... but kinda legitimately disappointed in the size... Honestly hoping to get one in the 2,600-3,600 range.... That'd be a whole lot of battery, but a whole lot of time off charger as well

Reactions: siciliano77

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
2000 is a pretty small bump...likely 20 to 30 more minutes of use (less than 10% increase from the 1850 that I think it's supposed to be). That not enough to screw up stuff like needed different cases for.

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
My D2 got awesome battery life, especially when compared to the battery life on the DX.

I don't doubt that. But I still have trouble making it through the day comfortably, I've even set data to not auto sync after 15 minutes of inactivity. I was in Puerto Rico last year and VZW had no data out there, phone lasted for days without charging!

I miss having a crap phone that you put on the charger every week or so, I just don't miss the functionality of them :)

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't expect terrible battery life. EVERYONE on the Incredible forums was complaining about how it was the worst battery life of any Android phone when it came out and I could get a day easily with heavy use and have gotten two full days with moderate-light use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty