AT&T version at FCC might push Verizon?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
On the main AC page, it looks like the FCC just received what looks like an AT&T version of the Nexus. Maybe this will push Verizon to release soon so they can beat AT&T to the US market.

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I believe that Verizon has an exclusivity agreement with Google. If so, Verizon wouldn't be pressured at all by the AT&T version showing up at the FCC. Also, FCC filings do not mean the phone will launch soon. Just one step in the process.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
IMO Verizon's exclusivity agreement is probably short term and started sometime in Nov when the phone was supposed to be released. So this may force their hand after all.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Even if it doesn't launch soon, people catching wind that AT&T is getting the device may now forget switching to Verizon or consider switching from Verizon to AT&T. Any way you slice it, this isn't good for Verizon, but I doubt it will be anything that makes them flinch.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
This would be funny if the at&t version launched before verizon and their "exclusive" What if it was just a cdma exclusive?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It would suk if vzw drug their feet long enough and wasnt the first to launch it .

I dont think it will but ....never know about vzw lol

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
This would be funny if the at&t version launched before verizon and their "exclusive" What if it was just a cdma exclusive?

Probably an LTE exclusive. Or just till the end of the year and Google and At&t are gearing up for a January PR February launch.

Sent from my HTC Mecha

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Does this mean we can all go into the AT&T Galaxy Nexus Thread and start getting outraged about how this has passed thru the FCC and we haven't heard any confirmation from AT&T about them getting it?!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01