And what comes Next....Life after the Galaxy Nexus

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
What comes after the Galaxy Nexus? Hopefully I won't care for quite a while as I'd love to break the habit of needing (well, more wanting) a new device every couple of months. It sure can get expensive.

That was kind of my point, though, in retrospect, I probably could've broken the initial post up into a couple different threads. LOL.

Basically, in my opinion, this will be the best phone on Verizon for awhile and I don't see any future Android phones making any significant advancements in hardware, software openness, or durability.

Spent some time in the Razr forum and thought I may go with another Moto device, lurked around the Rezound forum thinking about giving it a whirl, and started to really think about why the Nexus was truly the best device and had the potential to make future upgrades insignificant.

I really hope I'm wrong about future upgrades being insignificant, but I've got doubts.

Here's another good thread that poses a similar question, though more focused on the future of Android as operating system and it's future to advance...It's a good read and much shorter than mine...It won't push those on limited data plans over your allowance. :)

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ic...sandwich-last-significant-update-android.html

My opinion: There is a point where almost any marketed technology reaches the top of the Bell demand curve. To me, that is the point where the technology (phones & tablets) becomes sufficient to achieve the tasks most persons want achieved, in a timely and efficient manner. Beyond that point, the base market will probably change from new user and technology demand, to simple replacement.

It is hard for me to imagine anyone really needing any more than a four core processor, and/or HD graphics on a phone or 10" or less tablet. Since ICS is supposed to be able to handle these advanced hardware features on most present and foreseeable phones and tablets, I suspect the market will begin to stabilize after ICS is installed on the devices that will accept it.

I started my post as internal way to convince myself, over the last couple weeks, why the Nexus would be my next device and figured I might as well post it...What was I thinking? :)

I've obviously thought a lot about this phone. Hopefully, we'll all be playing with it next week.

mechapathy

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
This thread made my day. I got a few paragraphs in and, like most of you, gave up. The next 5 pages, however, hugely entertaining.

What comes next? I don't know. Probably won't leave the house for a solid 48 hours. I just got off the phone with a Verizon rep who confirmed he's definitely going to take up snake charming after it comes out. Take that with a grain of salt.

geocab

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
What does the future hold? Mini projectors built in so you can do Powerpoint presentations at work without a laptop. All in one entertainment device like the Xbox 360 is trying to be, all streamed to your television wirelessly from your phone. Video calls with no lag and smooth framerates.

Just some ideas.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what he wrote since it was longer than my diary entry after my first time (ahem, edited out)...

However, here is what I want to know based on the title of this thread...

What is the next great rumored device to come out once the GN is finally here????

K

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
68963-holy%20cow%20batman%20web.jpg

Holy Carpal Tunnel, Batman!

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Seems all the replies are about the ridiculous length of this post. Did anyone actually read it? I'm curious, but lazy.

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
[TL/DR] Cell phones: smaller was better, bigger is better now, what is the future and do we actually need it.

At least that is what I got out of the 80% of it that I was able to read without wanting to stab my eyes out with a rusty spoon.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
[TL/DR] Cell phones: smaller was better, bigger is better now, what is the future and do we actually need it.

At least that is what I got out of the 80% of it that I was able to read without wanting to stab my eyes out with a rusty spoon.

I skimmed it and it really was a bit more random than that. I mean he talked about Weird Al. Now I have nothing against Weird Al, but really? Weird Al in a post about the Galaxy Nexus?

To contribute to the thread, I think I'll be happy with the Galaxy Nexus for a while, but then again, I may just keep handing down my phones to my mom each year since our upgrades are a year apart and she doesn't like the idea of spending over $100 on a phone anyway. So I guess I'll just keep getting a new phone every year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay