Nexus Warranty with Verizon?

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to see one of these threads.

How's VZW gonna handle it when say your boot loader is unlocked And the speaker, charging port, stuff non ROM/kernel related craps out. Is it relockable like the Xoom? How have other carriers handled the Nexus phones? Do we go straight to Samsung?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus warrantee.

I have yet to see one of these threads.

How's VZW gonna handle it when say your boot loader is unlocked And the speaker, charging port, stuff non ROM/kernel related craps out. Is it relockable like the Xoom? How have other carriers handled the Nexus phones? Do we go straight to Samsung?

I would assume you would be able to relock it. Plus most verizon employees probably have no idea what the bootloader is anyway or know to look. I would think a hardware malfunction would be covered whether the bootloader is unlocked or not since no matter the software it doesn't really affect something like the charging port, speaker, etc. but that is just my opinion.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
You would think but you hear now how they like to void it for rooting And what Not. Thought I'd ask.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
unlocking the phone voids your warranty, but you can easily revert to stock and act like nothing ever happened

If you watched the videos of the bootloader being unlocked it said *may* void your warranty, not necessarily voiding it just for being unlocked.

ludesleep

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I think Best Buy is the only one who voids their warranty with rooted phones. At least they're the only ones who have given me problems in the past.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I figured there were ways around it.. And it wasn't gonna stop me just wanted to ask. Needed a different kind of thread.. Couldn't muster up the effort to Swype 5000 words sorry lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20