wow, I finally got to see a Galaxy Nexus!

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that microbes live wallpaper that you see in the pic causes major lag on just about any phone. Live wallpapers have always sucked on Android, and personally, I wish Google would just get rid of them because they are really the only source of lag left on any modern Android phone. Switch to a static wallpaper and it'll be smooth as butter.

This is a very well known issue, so if you read any review that mentions lag or lack thereof, but doesn't mention live wallpapers, you're not really reading a review by someone that knows Android.

Well some live wallpapers are actually very smooth and pleasing, like the phase beam one in ICS. I agree with you that they can cause lag, but they are getting a lot better. I'm running the Christmas HD LW on my Droid x using go launcher ex, and its pretty smooth.

Sent from my amazing galaxy tab 10.1 which also eats ipads

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
yes. Lol...I think the Motorola Razr has a better screen than the Rezound.

I was surprisingly dissapointed. But the font on the GN was a nice choice. It felt great when I opened the browser.

Say wha? I checked out my bro-laws RAZR and the screen was good but when I checked out the Rezound I felt the Rezound was much better. At this point I'm being tempted by the Rezound.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Say wha? I checked out my bro-laws RAZR and the screen was good but when I checked out the Rezound I felt the Rezound was much better. At this point I'm being tempted by the Rezound.

Just a few more days. Hang in there!

MedioGringo

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Well some live wallpapers are actually very smooth and pleasing, like the phase beam one in ICS. I agree with you that they can cause lag, but they are getting a lot better. I'm running the Christmas HD LW on my Droid x using go launcher ex, and its pretty smooth.

No, you're right the phase beam wallpaper doesn't lag. But I saw a review (and I forget which one is was) that said this was the only stock live wallpaper that didn't cause lag in the Gnex. The microbes one seems to be the worst. It's just annoying. Google introduced these on Android 2.0 and they still haven't fixed the lag.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I also love the screen name. Cool phone releases are about the only thing Cub fans can look forward to. Hopefully I'll have the LTE version on Friday.

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
How does it feel in terms of width? That's what I want to know. The RAZR is uncomfortably thin and wide.

2 minutes isn't a good evaluation. But feel seems good. It was heavier than the SG2 but it felt good.

What was really weird for me were the software buttons. I'm not the first to say this but it does take some time to get use to.

clucernoni

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
First, love the screen name. I'm a long-suffering Cubs fan. Second, any signal strength reports? That's one thing that will make me go RAZR over Nexus.

Maybe it's just my phone, but I picked up the RAZR while I'm waiting for the GN and my 4g signal strength is terrible compared to my thunderbolt. I'll have both next to each other most times in doors and the TB has 3 or 4 bars of 4g and my RAZR is on 3g constantly. Kind of a deal breaker for me.

clucernoni

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
How does it feel in terms of width? That's what I want to know. The RAZR is uncomfortably thin and wide.

I also echo this sentiment. The RAZR does not feel good in the hands in many positions that I lay/sit while surfing on the phone. I'm hoping for something a bit thicker and heavier...I always go back to my TB and miss it...it was heavy but always felt good in the hand. Also, I miss the kickstand more than anything.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to get flamed, but man there has been lots of talk about lag. I don't care whats running. I want it to be smooth like iOS or Windows. Why can't google get that part right?

This may be fixable. When I first got my Samsung Galaxy Tab with pure Honeycomb 3.0 there was a lag going from screen to screen. It improved some when Samsung added Touchwiz. However, I changed the launcher to ADW and the transitions screamed. I mean really fast. In fact, I had to go into the ADW settings and change the speed to slow it down some.

So, it may not have anything to do with the OS and everything to do with the launcher installed.