Verizon To Sell GN For $299 on Contract

charveldude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I always assumed it would be $299 on contract. That seems to be the normal price for top-end smartphones now direct from the carrier. Verizon never promised the phone by Black Friday, so they're obviously not going to honor a sale price that was also never officially released to the public.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
They are not "high end" Android phones. How are you comparing these phones to a Galaxy Nexus? Damn man

I wasnt comparing them to a galaxy nexus.. he said all 4g phones were 299.. I was simply showing that not all 4g phones were 299.

299 is a more then fair price for the gnex.. if this thing was 199 that would be ridiculous.

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I get the loyalty discount of $50 off, and the upgrade is just $50 more than I spent last time I got the loyalty discount I used on the Fascinate. So, can't really complain too much.

Off-contract is just not an option right now for me, not with Christmas coming.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I get the loyalty discount of $50 off, and the upgrade is just $50 more than I spent last time I got the loyalty discount I used on the Fascinate. So, can't really complain too much.

Off-contract is just not an option right now for me, not with Christmas coming.

Do you know if that "loyalty discount" is tied to buying in contract price (available for an upgrade), or is related to how much/how long you've done business with Verizon? I've been with them for as long as they've existed, but I'm buying this one out of contract.

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you know if that "loyalty discount" is tied to buying in contract price (available for an upgrade), or is related to how much/how long you've done business with Verizon? I've been with them for as long as they've existed, but I'm buying this one out of contract.

I don't think it's tied to how long you've been a customer (but, it could be - I've been with VZW for about five years, now). But, my account is a business account, so I qualify for accessories discounts, etc..