google experience?

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
ok so i'm probablly the dumbest person on these forums when it comes to tech talk sorry!! but can someone please explain to me what exactly is a "total google experience" when it comes to a google phone in this case the nexus? i mean what will the difference be between this phone and my tbolt? will it make me coffee in the morning? lol sorry bad joke

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
ok so i'm probablly the dumbest person on these forums when it comes to tech talk sorry!! but can someone please explain to me what exactly is a "total google experience" when it comes to a google phone in this case the nexus? i mean what will the difference be between this phone and my tbolt? will it make me coffee in the morning? lol sorry bad joke

Your thunderbolt was an HTC sense phone, that means that the phone was a showcase for all of HTC's software that they have built on top of android. Google experience just means that this phone is android the way google envisions it, no competing visions from manufacturers. It is a showcase for google's services as well as how they plan to evolve the platform.

Reactions: panitsos

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Put simply, it runs Android exactly (in the case of the Verizon one, ALMOST exactly) as Google made it. No manufacturer skins (like HTC Sense, Moto Blur, Samsung Touchwiz), or added bloat from manufacturer or carrier (the Verizon one comes with a couple preinstalled apps, but it's not the end of the world).

In short, the Android running on a Nexus phone is the real deal Android.

idkwhothatis123

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Total google experience means that the interface (what your looking at and playing with on your phone screen) is the way Google made it. It doesnt have HTC sense or Samsung touchwiz. Its completely untouched by manufacturer skins. Kinda like a Dodge or Chevy. You buy it from a lot the way the manufacturer made it. But if you give it to NASCAR, all hell breaks loose. Stickers everywhere, engine mods, interior is stripped and redone. Hope that helps.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk

captaincaveman

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Think of it like a car. Ford (Google) builds a Mustang (Android) a certain way. Some guy (Verizon/HTC/Samsung) takes the car off the dealer lot and throws a big ugly spoiler, goofy wheels, and a horrible paint job onto the car (Android) and tries to sell it to you. Maybe some people like the new stuff, but some of us just want the Mustang (Android) the way Ford (Google) really intended it to be because we would like to do all the customizations that we deem necessary ourselves.

E.T.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
In practice, the differences you'll see are different menus, different pre-loaded apps, different HTC-specific vs vanilla-android widgets, different wallpapers, numbers of homescreens, different-looking icons, different animations and visual effects, a different app drawer, and a different notifications bar.

Also, in theory, google experience android is faster because it is the bare version of android, not bogged down by any extraneous samsung, motorola, or HTC software.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Put simply, it runs Android exactly (in the case of the Verizon one, ALMOST exactly) as Google made it. No manufacturer skins (like HTC Sense, Moto Blur, Samsung Touchwiz), or added bloat from manufacturer or carrier (the Verizon one comes with a couple preinstalled apps, but it's not the end of the world).

In short, the Android running on a Nexus phone is the real deal Android.

By what you are saying, even if the Verizon one came without the 2 preinstalled apps, as soon as somebody puts just one app on their phone it is no longer the Google Experience and no longer the real deal Android?

I think your first part was right when you said no skins on it that make it run different. Adding a app (of course it depends on which one) doesn't really change the way it runs.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463