Why no press release?

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
All signs are now pointing to a Friday release.

Shouldn't Verizon have announced that by now?

Or will this be a silent launch for Verizon?

Each3

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Whoops read that Engadget article wrong the posters should be out by the 8th sorry about that

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Everything about this suggests a silent release. It's almost an accident this phone ever came to Verizon.

It really does seem like that.

The Razr got and is still getting insane press all over the place.

This phone looks like its just going to show up and thats it.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It really does seem like that.

The Razr got and is still getting insane press all over the place.

This phone looks like its just going to show up and thats it.

I wish that meant I didn't have to worry about it selling out. I mean I'll probably go there a half an hour or so early, but the people around here seem to be pretty tech savvy as there were people in front of me for the Thunderbolt even though it was a botched launch as well.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
If this phone had the "DROID" in it's name anywehere it would have been announced WEEKS ago.

Verizon has too much invested in the Droid line to hype up anything other than Droid handsets/tablets.

jamontoast1291

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
The hysteria over this phone launch makes me wonder if most people just choose to forget the last two years. First of all VZW issued a press release a while ago saying they were getting the Nexus. Secondly, most phones launch silently and Verizon doesn't make a big deal out of them. The razr was the only android phone with pre orders.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
The hysteria over this phone launch makes me wonder if most people just choose to forget the last two years. First of all VZW issued a press release a while ago saying they were getting the Nexus. Secondly, most phones launch silently and Verizon doesn't make a big deal out of them. The razr was the only android phone with pre orders.
False

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
False... Droid3 didn't get announced just showed up Droid 4 looks same way. Also the phone press release is just a couple days till release. The razr is a good phone and selling like hot cakes.
If this phone had the "DROID" in it's name anywehere it would have been announced WEEKS ago.

Verizon has too much invested in the Droid line to hype up anything other than Droid handsets/tablets.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
They'll likely say something before doors open on the release date but they don't have to, it's their choice. I kinda get feeling they won't cuz I picture the suits stomping their feet like upset 6yr olds, ever since they learned their bloat can be disabled.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
They'll likely say something before doors open on the release date but they don't have to, it's their choice. I kinda get feeling they won't cuz I picture the suits stomping their feet like upset 6yr olds, ever since they learned their bloat can be disabled.

Well they'll have to get over it quick because all new phones are probably going to have ICS after the Galaxy Nexus. Of course they'll still probably put everything they can on the other phones because they probably think most people won't be smart enough to figure out that they can disable apps.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
It does seem strange that they still haven't announced anything. I wish it was Thursday like I've read previous launches have been. I'm off Thursday and could go in the morning. If it launches Friday like it seems, I will have to go after work. I hope it's not sold out by then.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Part of it is that it is not a Droid line.. They pay to use that Droid name so they want to make sure they get a return on that.

Part of it could also be that this is a brand spanking new version of Android and maybe they don't want to pimp something hardcore that is so new. Just like Honeycomb 3.0 was just so-so.. or the first Storm.. Maybe they want to just start with a soft launch so us uber geeks get a hold of it, then they can iron out any post launch bugs? It's not like this is going to be the only ICS phone....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12