Buying off contract

FireAndGlass

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I hate contracts as much as anyone, but you guys paying the same rate as the rest of us in contracts are paying MORE to the carriers in the long run. You don't get a discount for being out of contract. That is already baked into the prices.

So VZW's ETF is like $325 these days or so, right? the phones are subsidized that much, give or take. the "give or take" part you need to watch, as some phones are subsidezed more, or just worth more on the market, and you should buy those, and sell them. E.G. I have a Dell Streak, but it sold $300 on contract, $550 off, so $250 subsidy with a $300 etf. Bad. But the iPhone 4 at the time was $400 subsidized so I bought that, sold it, bought a Dell off the site with my MSFT corp discount.

I'll be taking some ETF with AT&T when I jump ship, but I've already been given MORE than that over a year ago, and the difference sat in my bank account during that time. Whereas you guys not in contract, are just bleeding money.

rant off, but please, do the math.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I hate contracts as much as anyone, but you guys paying the same rate as the rest of us in contracts are paying MORE to the carriers in the long run. You don't get a discount for being out of contract. That is already baked into the prices.

So VZW's ETF is like $325 these days or so, right? the phones are subsidized that much, give or take. the "give or take" part you need to watch, as some phones are subsidezed more, or just worth more on the market, and you should buy those, and sell them. E.G. I have a Dell Streak, but it sold $300 on contract, $550 off, so $250 subsidy with a $300 etf. Bad. But the iPhone 4 at the time was $400 subsidized so I bought that, sold it, bought a Dell off the site with my MSFT corp discount.

I'll be taking some ETF with AT&T when I jump ship, but I've already been given MORE than that over a year ago, and the difference sat in my bank account during that time. Whereas you guys not in contract, are just bleeding money.

rant off, but please, do the math.

How do you figure that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user