12-21-2011 12:31 AM
27 12
tools
    Now that the Galaxy Nexus is almost here it should be pointed out that Swype isn't installed on the device. I've used Swype now for a long time. Changing keyboards is going to be annoying.

According to the Swype Beta forum it might be a few weeks before Swype Beta works with the Galaxy Nexus.

What are some of your experiences with other keyboards?
    12-06-2011 03:24 PM
    Now that the Galaxy Nexus is almost here it should be pointed out that Swype isn't installed on the device. I've used Swype now for a long time. Changing keyboards is going to be annoying.

According to the Swype Beta forum it might be a few weeks before Swype Beta works with the Galaxy Nexus.

What are some of your experiences with other keyboards?
    I'll probably stick with the stock keyboard - it's rumored to be vastly improved. SwiftKey is nice (and on sale for 10 cents today!) but sometimes I find it a little nonresponsive to quick typing, even if it's predictive features are freaky good.
    12-06-2011 03:26 PM
    I have pure honeycomb and have gotten used to the stock keyboard but only cause its big. I also have a Bluetooth keyboard that should work in ICS...

This is more of that pure Android experience people are going to have to get used too....
    12-06-2011 03:29 PM
    I totally agree.. Ive been hooked on Swype since it came installed on my fascinate..

If this means anything to you.. I am running an ICS rom and it replaced my swype keyboard with the stock ICS keyboard.. I then went to swypes website and downloaded the beta.. it has been working flawlessly with my ICS and ive also noticed the latest version of swype blows the version I had out of the water.

DISCLAIMER:

I AM USING A CUSTOM ROM, IT ISNT REAL ICS. ITS JUST A FAKE THEME.. PLS DONT CRY.
    12-06-2011 03:31 PM
    I totally agree.. Ive been hooked on Swype since it came installed on my fascinate..

If this means anything to you.. I am running an ICS rom and it replaced my swype keyboard with the stock ICS keyboard.. I then went to swypes website and downloaded the beta.. it has been working flawlessly with my ICS and ive also noticed the latest version of swype blows the version I had out of the water.
    Apparently those who are using ICS on the Galaxy Nexus are having issues with Swype and the screen resolution.

I agree about the update.
    12-06-2011 03:39 PM
    Apparently those who are using ICS on the Galaxy Nexus are having issues with Swype and the screen resolution.

I agree about the update.
    that is a bummer indeed.. hopefully swype devs fix it asap..
    12-06-2011 03:41 PM
    Aw, man! If I have to do without Swype, I'm gonna go nuts. I've really gotten spoiled for dragging my way around the keypad.

I can live without it, but man, I sure hope the beta gets polished and working soon.
    12-06-2011 03:48 PM
    I used to use Swype but I'm basically lazy and once I got used to Swiftkey X I could never go back to Swype.

Swiftkey X has a predictive text feature that almost reads my mind. I never type a whole word with Swiftkey X, it knows what I want. And, once I type in a sentence it remembers that and I can type the same sentence again without ever touching a key, all by tapping on the predictive words.

It's amazing. It's not free, but it is amazing. Once you use this you'll never go back to Swype. I tried Swype a couple of times since I got Swiftkey X simply because I thought I'd be faster. But, I wasn't. Not even close.
    12-06-2011 03:58 PM
    I too hope they'll be able to get swype updated for ICS soon....have really gotten used to it on my Bionic, even though some of the predictions aren't right (or my swyping isn't very good/going to fast) and texts don't make any sense sometimes..... Might have to try swiftkey X again for a little bit since its so cheap.....wasn't my favorite when I tried it out previously.....
    12-06-2011 04:08 PM
    Swiftkey X is in the market today for $.10 You'd be crazy (or uber poor) not to buy it. I love it. Don't know if it will run on ICS yet, but the moment it does I'll be using it.
    12-06-2011 04:20 PM
    long time swype user here as well. this has been bothering me. but with the great voice to text...i may not miss it until an updated version is released!
    12-06-2011 04:48 PM
    Used to use Swype was in the beta since the beginning. Loved it, however I swap back and forth between it and SwiftkeyX. I find Swiftkey for me to be a better keyboard.
    12-06-2011 05:08 PM
    Never really cared for Swiftkey. Like the choices though. Swype is a fantastic keyboard.
    12-06-2011 06:59 PM
    Well, I got the nexus and tried to install SWYPE BETA, but the download fails. It looks like SWYPE needs to update the BETA for the GNexus screen. I'm sure that they'll be on it.
    12-15-2011 10:57 AM
    I downloaded SlideIT fromt the market and it works awesome. I almost thing it;s faster and maybe more accurate than Swype
    12-15-2011 08:16 PM
    Slide-it works fine
    12-15-2011 08:57 PM
    12-15-2011 10:43 PM
    I'm sure there will be some hacked version of Swype that work okay, but I'm sure a beta will be available soon for the Galaxy Nexus.
    12-18-2011 08:47 PM
    I downloaded SlideIT fromt the market and it works awesome. I almost thing it;s faster and maybe more accurate than Swype
    Slide-It might not be as polished looking at Swype, but I think that Slide-It is just as good if not better than swype for features and efficiency.
    12-18-2011 09:19 PM
    I love Swype and coming from my Droid X that is all I have used for the last 16 months. I'm using slide it now and I must say it works pretty well.
    12-18-2011 09:50 PM
    love swype but slide it keyboard works really well
    geegee#AC likes this.
    12-18-2011 10:19 PM
    I liked the number layout in Swype. It was more like a keypad rather than a straight line of numbers. Are there any other keyboards that are laid out that way?
    12-18-2011 11:35 PM
    Apparently the problem with Swype on the Nexus isn't the screen resolution of the Galaxy Nexus, but the way ICS relays the size to Swype.

This is good news because I'm sure Swype will have a solution fast.
    Asterdroid likes this.
    12-20-2011 01:10 PM
    I have a working Swype APK that works fine on the GNexus, but the problem is that when you go to use the voice to text feature, it gives you the old version, not the new slick ICS instant one.

I'm currently using the stock keyboard just because I hate to lose out on that awesome feature.

Once swype is working on the nexus with the instant voice to text, I'll be a happy camper.
    Szientific likes this.
    12-20-2011 01:40 PM
    I have a working Swype APK that works fine on the GNexus, but the problem is that when you go to use the voice to text feature, it gives you the old version, not the new slick ICS instant one..
    What version are you using? I'm assuming a tablet version? I'm only concerned about swyping at this point. Voice to text isn't an issue with me.
    12-20-2011 02:04 PM
27 12