Torn between the G-Nex and White RAZR

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok so today the 6th was my 21st birthday and I received money to get a new phone and I'm gonna upgrade from my thunderbolt. I was solely set on the G-Nex but after seeing the White RAZR I really think it could also be a great phone. Is there anybody out there that has tried both phones? I really love Samsung and the ICS but at the same time the RAZR looks just as stunning as the Nexus. :-!

k6tcher

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I know everyone has separate tastes... but that black Kevlar back looks awful IMO on the white RAZR. I guess if you are a fan of Stormtroopers....

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I heard that the white razr is faster then the other one so that might be a good reason to get it over the nexus.

Definitely not. It's just a white trim.

To the OP - make sure you find the actual pictures of the White RAZR, and not the concept photos the community made. The real one isn't completely white like the concepts - it just has a white border around it (black kevlar back and black bezel remain).

Additionally, the GNex is going to blow the RAZR out of the water...and white phones are for ladies.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Forget what color it is. Its all about the phone. The white phones always come out to try and drive more sales. Look at the specs of each and what you want from a phone. Size speed and all that. Locked down blur or open android. It all is personal preference. Who knows maybe they will come out with a white nexus :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

belniente

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Definitely not. It's just a white trim.

To the OP - make sure you find the actual pictures of the White RAZR, and not the concept photos the community made. The real one isn't completely white like the concepts - it just has a white border around it (black kevlar back and black bezel remain).

Additionally, the GNex is going to blow the RAZR out of the water...and white phones are for ladies.

IMO, this phone isn't even white enough to be for a lady :( It would be passable with a white bezel, but as is it's very stormtrooper as suggested above. Seeing the Samsung GSII Skyrocket in white melted my heart a little bit and made my eyes stray from the Nexus ever so briefly, but the white RAZR is a whole heaping pile of "eh."

Anyways, er, I'd like to contribute something that's actually on topic but I've only touched the RAZR once in a store and was disappointed enough by the feel in-hand to not really delve any deeper. :/

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I heard something about a razrmax. Supposed to have a bigger battery and upgraded screen. You might want to wait for that.

Sent from my SCH-I510

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
IMO, this phone isn't even white enough to be for a lady :( It would be passable with a white bezel, but as is it's very stormtrooper as suggested above. Seeing the Samsung GSII Skyrocket in white melted my heart a little bit and made my eyes stray from the Nexus ever so briefly, but the white RAZR is a whole heaping pile of "eh."

Anyways, er, I'd like to contribute something that's actually on topic but I've only touched the RAZR once in a store and was disappointed enough by the feel in-hand to not really delve any deeper. :/

My lady has a razr, and when I showed her a picture of the white one she wasn't impressed. With a tpu case, anything that is white will be covered anyway. I also have a Razr but will promptly be exchanging it for a nexus. Thats your call on what you want though. Color comes second.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I was going to port from AT&T get the Gnex. Then I found that the phone has no removable storage... What to do?

Its got 32gb and the google cloud. At 4gb for $30 you should be more than fine. I stream Pandora every day to work and haven't even touched 1gb in a month.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
If your not sold enough on getting the GN and you'd even consider the Razr because they're coming out with a white one, the just get the Razr. Personally, in addition to finding this thread sad, I'd spray paint my Nexus white before I gave it up for any other device. If you're thinking that the Razr will be getting ICS, good luck seeing that happening before the next 6 months goes by.

Reactions: whiteshadow001

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I heard something about a razrmax. Supposed to have a bigger battery and upgraded screen. You might want to wait for that.

Sent from my SCH-I510

see thats what I thought the white one was gonna be i may have been wrong though. I may just go with the nexus because I saw an unlocked one in person today and it made me drool a lil bit. thanks for all the input guys.

I'm gonna get the Nexus :)

Last edited:

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
If your not sold enough on getting the GN and you'd even consider the Razr because they're coming out with a white one, the just get the Razr. Personally, in addition to finding this thread sad, I'd spray paint my Nexus white before I gave it up for any other device. If you're thinking that the Razr will be getting ICS, good luck seeing that happening before the next 6 months goes by.

its not cause its white its cause I got it confused with the RAZR max which I thought would have the 720p screen and everything, but with everyones input, I changed my mind.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
To each their own, but white phones just don't do it for me. Have a toy look toy look to them, I will take black thank you.

Kinda of like white cars/trucks also. No matter what trim model they are to me in white they always look like the base model.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
see thats what I thought the white one was gonna be i may have been wrong though. I may just go with the nexus because I saw an unlocked one in person today and it made me drool a lil bit. thanks for all the input guys.

I'm gonna get the Nexus :)

Smart move, If you chose the Razr, you'd just end up slitting your wrists w/ the darn phone. When you realize how horrible a choice it was to pass on the GN.

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I was at my local VZW store the other day harassing them about the GN. While I was there I played with a Razr. I was highly impressed with the form factor, thinness, kevlar and light weight. That's where the lust ended. It had a force close and rebooted while I was playing with it (the phone). Not much of a selling point. The Rezound on the other hand was awesome. A little bulky for my taste, but the OS was the smoothest and fastest I've ever seen. If the GN wasn't so close, I'd get the Rezound.

mysterx

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Here we go again. Why can't the white and black phones just live in harmony? Why does everyone have to take sides? Why can't we all just get along?!

-me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2