vzw employee view on delay

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Tell us your reason then. I'm sure its correct.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I don't have a reason. I'm not going to speculate why it was delayed again. But I can assure you google wallet has nothing to do with it. That issue would have been settled months ago, and even if Verizon decided that they wanted to include it now, it isn't something that would require a delay.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I had another worker in another location say she had similar issues but this was when the known outage was going on I haven't spoken to her since. I asked another and he said no but I know for a fact no one has been extensively using it like I have Been. I'm in a kiosk where I don't do crap so I have all the time to mess with it

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant concerning the Nexus, not the network issues as of late. People who got the device early are praising how well it transfers between 3G/4G and how strong their signals are.

After what happened the 9th, I don't believe corporate will be sending out an email saying "The Nexus is releasing on ____." They'll just send an email saying the stock can now be sold. Or at most, they'll give the warning a day ahead of time.

They'll probably issue a press release like they usually do, and alert stores at the same time.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people are complaining about network issues. Seems to me that Verizon's "reliable network" isn't so reliable these days.

I agree because I'm having the same problems with the Razr. I lose data on it constantly. It will be full 4G then 3G then out....and I'm sitting in the same spot. Other people around me with ATT don't have the problem...I think its a network issue.

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a reason. I'm not going to speculate why it was delayed again. But I can assure you google wallet has nothing to do with it. That issue would have been settled months ago, and even if Verizon decided that they wanted to include it now, it isn't something that would require a delay.

I gave up explaining this. People don't seem to want to apply reason and logic as to why the Google Wallet concern is not applicable. Delaying due to Google Wallet concerns at this point of the device's lifetime is the equivalent of Verizon sending out all these Nexii for sale tomorrow morning, some random store owner calling him up right now saying "wait, this is running Symbian," and Lowell McAdam going "FUUUUUUUUU! IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE RUNNING ANDROID! WE GOTTA DELAY RELEASE!"

Last edited:

Tee312

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
They'll probably issue a press release like they usually do, and alert stores at the same time.

I seriously doubt we get a press release before the day of release, if at all. Verizon stores are being told "not to sell stock before given the order." To me that sounds like Verizon will simply send out an email saying stock can be sold. With the Droid 4 quickly approaching, Verizon is going to market the DROID brand over the Nexus, so they'll more than likely give the Nexus a soft launch approach.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Verizon DROID XYBOARD 10.1 and 8.2 go on sale - SlashGear

This is the reason why. Epic fail. Nexus got pushed to the back and we all know that the latest update on the nexus made the phone better and almost no bugs aand even the signal was better.
Nice move Verizon.
Well reps start selling those DROID tablets

"we all know" because soooo many of us have gotten to use it. You cant take everything you read on the Internet as being the Gospel Truth.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe the OP. If there were problems with the phone, I think Verizon would have come out and said something. It would be nothing embarrassing for them, as they didn't make the phone or the software. The only reason that Verizon would say nothing at all is because there was no sound reason...they just wanted to push Droid devices and knew the GN would take away from that.

Verizon hasn't said anything because there is nothing to say as far as they are concerned. The phone hasn't even been officially announced yet (other than that they would be carrying it by the end of the year) and therefore they have no reason to explain a "delay". Only a few thousand of us who read these forums even know much about them and even less are actually buying them.

Weather we like it or not Razr and Rezound are the devices they chose to push for the holidays. They are going to sell no matter what and only a handful at each store will buy the GN over one of them.

People get very emotional over phone choice and it blinds them, but let me clue you into something:

Verizon doesn't care what phone you buy. They really don't.

Why? Because the phone isn't what they are really selling. It's those contracts and the almighty data plan that are the real product. The phone is just the incentive to get you to sign on the dotted line. You use the phone to take advantage of the service and whatever phone you buy hooks you into what services (data plan, hotspot, visual voicemail, VZNav, etc) they can sell you. They provide a variety of phones to appeal to a variety of people and yes some phones have more features than others, which make the company more money and the phone rep a better commission, but that is secondary the sale itself.

There is no conspiracy here to torpedo the sales on any given phone. They know that you will buy whatever they have and what doesn't sell will get price drops when the next greatest thing arrives. They have lots or Razr's and Rezounds because they planned well for stock (something Apple could learn from) and have them on hand. Trust me if there are any phones they are struggling to unload it is those LG Revolutions they have been sitting on for 6 months not either of these two.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I wish I knew where he worked so I could call his store and bother him today. No phone is perfect out of the box. The phone is okay in England, okay in Canada, but not okay for Verizon? Clearly it's not the phone but the carrier. Believing anything is absurd.

Um let's see. the problem is data connection issues and the radio is precisely what is different in this model vs the international version. Network issues are no doubt complicating things but they still have to fix the phone.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry but what you are saying is false. The fact is Verizon and Google had a very public disagreement about Google wallet where both companies made diametrically opposing statements. This was this past Thursday.

Verizon: We aren't blocking it, we don't block apps, it's a licensing thing

Google: we they didn't want it on the device

Translation: Google asked Verizon if they wanted ti license it and they said No.

It's pretty simple.

I think all of you should go read Jerry's editorial from the other day about weather this is a real Nexus or not http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-really-nexus-you-betcha because there is a gem in there that you don't seem to get:

Right now The ONLY device with Google Wallet (officially) is the Sprint Nexus S. No other phone (including the GSM Galaxy Nexus) has it without hacking it on.

And weather we like it or not Verizon has every right not to license it if they choose not to, just as they have the right to but *gag* Bing on their phones of they so choose..

This has nothing to do with Google wallet and everything to do with LTE connectivity and getting the dang devices to activate.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I see what your saying but I tend to think that smartphone users know a little bit more than we are giving them credit for. I just don't think Verizon wanted another phone to compete with their big 3 they were pushing for the holiday's. Also, the commercials for these phones don't really show many features so I think most customers, like you said, will go in and look to see which one they like better. But c'mon man, what would you do if you saw that bad azz Galaxy Nexus sitting there next to the other ones...hehe.....you know you would grab that puppy up...lol...just like me :p

Some do but the vast majority don't. All they know it is a "Droid" (even of it does not get that surname) and the design. I've seen this again and again not only with my own customers but when I visit a corporate store to play with phones. More than once I helped another customer make a decision by bottom lining the difference between two or three models because they didn't have a clue and the rep other didn't either or was afraid to nudge them in one direction or another.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
They still haven't rolled out that fix. They originally claimed it would be in November.

Paul, you still don't have the Bionic update yet? I got it the day after it was announced to be coming on the site here (and no I wasn't in the soak test for this device, haven't updated my moto forums profile ) This was just a small update and everyone should have it by now :(

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I seriously doubt we get a press release before the day of release, if at all. Verizon stores are being told "not to sell stock before given the order." To me that sounds like Verizon will simply send out an email saying stock can be sold. With the Droid 4 quickly approaching, Verizon is going to market the DROID brand over the Nexus, so they'll more than likely give the Nexus a soft launch approach.

They'll give notice a day in advance, like they always do.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
except they did not do that with droid 3. Preorders were up and then the next day they announced it.

If you're talking about online sales, they went up at midnight same day of the announcement.

Verizon always gives an announcement at least 24 hours before sales begin in stores. They have never just put a high end phone out there and told stores to sell them without an announcement.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I gave up explaining this. People don't seem to want to apply reason and logic as to why the Google Wallet concern is not applicable. Delaying due to Google Wallet concerns at this point of the device's lifetime is the equivalent of Verizon sending out all these Nexii for sale tomorrow morning, some random store owner calling him up right now saying "wait, this is running Symbian," and Lowell McAdam going "FUUUUUUUUU! IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE RUNNING ANDROID! WE GOTTA DELAY RELEASE!"

Want Answers For Verizon Galaxy Nexus Delay? Apparently It Has Everything To Do With Google Wallet

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Translation: Google asked Verizon if they wanted ti license it and they said No.

It's pretty simple.

I think all of you should go read Jerry's editorial from the other day about weather this is a real Nexus or not http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-really-nexus-you-betcha because there is a gem in there that you don't seem to get:

Right now The ONLY device with Google Wallet (officially) is the Sprint Nexus S. No other phone (including the GSM Galaxy Nexus) has it without hacking it on.

And weather we like it or not Verizon has every right not to license it if they choose not to, just as they have the right to but *gag* Bing on their phones of they so choose..

This has nothing to do with Google wallet and everything to do with LTE connectivity and getting the dang devices to activate.
Want Answers For Verizon Galaxy Nexus Delay? Apparently It Has Everything To Do With Google Wallet

Verizon lied about this publicly.

Last edited:

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

It's pretty simple.

You mean like the tethering apps?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

You keep pushing this view, and we keep cramming this ridiculous notion back down your throat. Verizon and Google would have negotiated these terms months ago. Even if Verizon was somehow reconsidering its stance, IT WOULD NOT CAUSE ANY DELAY IN THE NEXUS. Wallet is just an app. It can be distributed through an OTA or through the market. It is NOT the reason for the delay.

Reactions: YourMobileGuru

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674