vzw employee view on delay

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I work for vzw.

I have been using the galaxy nexus for four days now.. amazing phone. But issues are present. these issues aren't too severe. But it is the only thing I can think that's causing this delay. Data on the device was dropping a lot. Unless this was part of the network outage then this issue isn't serious. Today I mostly had a data connection and today the network issue were resolved. Which leads me to the only possible reason. And that's the ota software update. What it resolves is beyond me. Maybe the data dropping who knows. But a few articles have said once the phone is active it will update well my demo never updated. I know Verizon has released phones in the past that needs ota but if it is a serious update and for some reason the ota for it isn't working I guess it makes sense.

Listen.. you people need to be patient. I am an employee and customer waiting just like everyone else to own this device. But for whatever reason this phone is being delayed I'm sure its for good reasons. It has nothing to do with other phones. This thing is a top of the line 4g phone and they are riding us hard to sell 4g anything.

If it was out and issues were present its just something else everyone would complain about. Instead of why isn't this phone released people would say how could they release this buggy phone.

Apart from that. ill let you guys know.. it is a great great phone. The screen is really something nice and something to really appreciate. The reinforced glass is nice. I have dropped the phone a couple times and its held up. The worse that has happened is door comes off little but not completely. Another issue I had was you can not remove Google search bar like the steps they have for the GSM model. Maybe this is part of the newest software.

Anyways...be patient.. whatever wait there is it is worth It.. not for nothing but all these releases were rumors. This thing wasn't even close to come out last month. The 9th was the only firm release date in Any of our systems and then once the 4g network issues came that date vanished.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Its not like the phones Verizon releases are bug free. The Bionic is just getting fixed after 2 months of being on the market.

I think they view this differently though. For whatever reason, they seem intent on not releasing another mess of a handset, and it being a Nexus seems to have quite a bit to do with it.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Its not like the phones Verizon releases are bug free. The Bionic is just getting fixed after 2 months of being on the market.

Indeed understandable but there may be more to this software then other phones may have needed. Maybe secuirty reasons. Maybe me experiencing very frequent data drops is a huge issue that they need to fix and felt that it was too consistant in dropping that it wasn't worth releasing yet..

Ill give it a good day of use tomorrow to see how it works and I see anymore consistant data drops.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
My Bionic always drops signal yet they still released it. Its been 2 months yet we have no fix. It's coming but I'll believe it when I see it. Verizon sent my Thunderbolt an update which caused it to reboot itself if I hit a certain tower. It took 6 weeks to fix that. I have never had a Verizon smartphone that didn't launch with big software or network issues.

Verizon customers may think they have the best network yet their phones seem to hate it.

I believe the Galaxy Nexus has software bugs but that has never stopped Verizon before. There is a bigger issue at play here and in a few years when no one cares it will come out in a Wired magazine article and we'll all have a good laugh at it.

Reactions: Premium1

kcoan3

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
while there could possibly be issues with data and software i think it is something else. I believe that vzw needs to move more old hardware before they replace it with something even better. i.e. bionic, revolution, charge. In working with the largest 2 service providers i have noticed a "clearing" out of phones in preparation for a new phone. Right now at most stores there should be an merch rep that is staring at a planogram (tells them where to place the phones) and figuring out what crap he has to get rid of or move from prime placement to get the gnex on the floor soon. once they hit there number of old phones sold they will bring it out.

The gnex will be out soon. The SME or "mobile experts" are getting there phones now to learn them in prep for a launch. We should hopefully see a launch next week as these reps have had phones for a 5 days or so. I want this phone bad but i guess we will have to wait a lil longer.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
while there could possibly be issues with data and software i think it is something else. I believe that vzw needs to move more old hardware before they replace it with something even better. i.e. bionic, revolution, charge. In working with the largest 2 service providers i have noticed a "clearing" out of phones in preparation for a new phone. Right now at most stores there should be an merch rep that is staring at a planogram (tells them where to place the phones) and figuring out what crap he has to get rid of or move from prime placement to get the gnex on the floor soon. once they hit there number of old phones sold they will bring it out.

The gnex will be out soon. The SME or "mobile experts" are getting there phones now to learn them in prep for a launch. We should hopefully see a launch next week as these reps have had phones for a 5 days or so. I want this phone bad but i guess we will have to wait a lil longer.

While some of what you say is true.. it has nothing to do with what we have in stock. Usually we get emails that say sell through this stock before launch. In this case we didn't. Also I am one of the people who was suppose to receive the phone as sme. However that has also been delayed. Fortunetly we received our floor model and I had that sucker activated within minutes.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Oh please, don't let there be too many bugs in this phone. My Bionic experience was an utter disaster. The darn phone would reboot almost every night and vibrate incessantly until I did a battery pull. THen it would just turn off during the day and have no way to reboot unless I took the battery out. Oh, and don't get me started about the darn hisssssssing in my headphones between songs. BLECH. That was an aweful experience for me as it was my first "launch day" phone.

I hope the GNex comes out soon but I sure don't want to go through the drama that I went through with the Bionic. Kath

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If there is an issue, I'm glad they're taking the time to fix it. Maybe the reason they are taking so much time is because this is the Nexus, Google's intended trendsetter, and the first time the public will have 4.0 in its hands. If what happened with the bionic happened to this phone, opportunistic Apple bloggers will sure as s### pounce and tear the Nexus apart. I don't think Google wants that given what they've done with 4.0.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I think the bigger concern at this point is that Verizon is having major issues with their 4G network. They've been having serious outages for months now. For a company that liked to pat itself on the back for having the best network this is a major problem.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I work with IT for a major company and understand the reason for missed dates. Nothing goes as planned and there is always something that can come up cause a launch to delay. There are always tons of people working hard to prevent that but it is inevitable. What I do not understand is the lack of a date at all from Verizon. They do not want to communicate a date at all and that is unacceptable. Where is the accountability?

smitty24

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I work with IT for a major company and understand the reason for missed dates. Nothing goes as planned and there is always something that can come up cause a launch to delay. There are always tons of people working hard to prevent that but it is inevitable. What I do not understand is the lack of a date at all from Verizon. They do not want to communicate a date at all and that is unacceptable. Where is the accountability?

Agreed- always unforseen stuff that can happen, but no communication at all, and playing coy about it isnt cool.

speedyneon

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I work for vzw.

Listen.. you people need to be patient. I am an employee and customer waiting just like everyone else to own this device. But for whatever reason this phone is being delayed I'm sure its for good reasons. It has nothing to do with other phones. This thing is a top of the line 4g phone and they are riding us hard to sell 4g anything.

You people? You mean us that have not used the phone for the past 4 days? Yeah it's easy to say be patient when you get to use the phone. This phone has been announced 2 months ago and yet Verizon releases no info except saying by the end of the year. People want the phone now or at least put out a press release or something. Keep the customers informed and US PEOPLE would be patient. So what if they released a bug ridden phone? It's not as if they haven't done so before. In fact lately it seems par for the course. Anyways, US PEOPLE just want answers and info. Then we will be patient.

Reactions: Premium1

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
It would be a easier to be patient if Verizon would say something, anything. If they said we have a few data bugs to work out before we can release it, I think most people would be fine. I'm not fine with silence. That is their prerogative, but I don't have to like it. If Verizon wants me to stop complaining, they should say something on-record.

Last edited:

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the explanation/info 'OP. What you are saying seems to make sense - I would think bad press for a bug ridden phone that drops 4GLTE data (which is their current major advertising slogan) would be very bad. I want it now too, but would rather wait a week for data that operates, phones that don't reboot itself. Small bugs and issues are always expected - this is a brand new OS - the cutting edge!

BaloneyPony

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I am not a Verizon employee and I am very happy about that. Verizon is a horribly run organization with a faulty LTE network and poor business sense. They are a dumb pipe. That is all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc