Got it activated at Best Buy, but didn't get to leave with it

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I chose to return it to save the employees position. Sorry that wasn't clear.
Just to be clear I had absolutely no issues activating the Nexus.
I even made 3 calls on it. If you notice my screenshot, I have the voice mail indicator on the screen from the store that left me a message.

Click to view quoted image

You're pulling this story/pic from Phandroid. Need attention much?

andynmaz

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
lol if I would have got out of the store with a fully working phone after paying for it there is no way I am coming back lol The best buy mobile manager was the guy checking me out so I wouldnt have felt too bad since its his job to make sure that doesn't happen haha

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
No sir don't need the attention. It just bothered me when I had seen the poster say there was a bug that kept the device from activation. I am the poster from phandroid.

If you say you are the post from Phandroid, I'll buy it...it's really not that big of a deal. I just figured this name and the Phandroid name seemed to suggest two different people.

brinox

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
lol if I would have got out of the store with a fully working phone after paying for it there is no way I am coming back lol The best buy mobile manager was the guy checking me out so I wouldnt have felt too bad since its his job to make sure that doesn't happen haha

so how is it the employee's fault if their store/store management didnt circulate the memo about not selling the gnex because the release was pushed back..? that seems rather unfair in all honesty.

that being said, once my card was charged and I had a receipt in hand I would have been gone like the wind too ;) oh and I most definitely went to both the local VZW store and the local BestBuy here in Lawrence, KS to try and finagle a sale out of anyone. it didnt happen sadly :(

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I chose to return it to save the employees position. Sorry that wasn't clear.
Just to be clear I had absolutely no issues activating the Nexus.
I even made 3 calls on it. If you notice my screenshot, I have the voice mail indicator on the screen from the store that left me a message.

So much for the "phone won't activate" bug allegedly cited by a Verizon employee.

Reactions: FishPharm

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: So I walk in to best buy...

I knew most would be. I would be too, take it or not I wish I could have given proof. When I walked in I didn't think I really had a chance to get out the door with it then we basically had done everything...I thought I was in the clear and out the door. They were very clueless about the phone to say the least.

you should beable to have proof anyhow.. Ive purchased phones and then had the purchase cancelled while still in store. if you go to your verizon account online, you should have a receipt stored, that says VOID.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So much for the "phone won't activate" bug allegedly cited by a Verizon employee.

There still could be a bug with activation. It doesn't have to affect 100% of users for there to be some type of software bug. The Verizon network is a hodgepodge of different types of equipment from various vendors that I'm suprised anything works. :)

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

I tried telling people there was a software issue but they were all too busy throwing tantrums and blaming Verizon for their life's problems.
Yep getting mad at us for pointing out that none of us really knew for sure what the problem is. Actually, we still don't know for sure what's going on, but it sounds like it could end up being in Google's court after all. LOL

Reactions: E.T.

E.T.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

Yep getting mad at us for pointing out that none of us really knew for sure what the problem is. Actually, we still don't know for sure what's going on, but it sounds like it could end up being in Google's court after all. LOL

Yep, of course everything is speculation - that's kinda the point of a forum to discuss things when nothing's being stated officially - all you can do is speculate and make educated guesses based on the information we do know. Right now, it could be a software problem, or it could be 1,000 other things.

The only people throwing tantrums are people like Spacemaker.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I tried telling people there was a software issue but they were all too busy throwing tantrums and blaming Verizon for their life's problems.

Yup.. this guy with 7 posts is definitely an authority and should be trusted.

I went to a Radio Shack today and I almost walked out the door with a completely activated Nexus but they tackled me just as I got to the door. Apparently, they aren't allowed to sell them because the Leprechaun Blood that they used in the first batch was from evil Leprechaun's. At some point, they told me, Google would send vials of good Leprechaun blood and all would be well.

Just as confirmable as his story.

have24

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site

Yup.. this guy with 7 posts is definitely an authority and should be trusted.

I went to a Radio Shack today and I almost walked out the door with a completely activated Nexus but they tackled me just as I got to the door. Apparently, they aren't allowed to sell them because the Leprechaun Blood that they used in the first batch was from evil Leprechaun's. At some point, they told me, Google would send vials of good Leprechaun blood and all would be well.

Just as confirmable as his story.

Man, I was really worried they would use the wrong Leprechaun blood. I mean common, they should have had these Leprechauns being raised for at least the past 4-5 years by now. Think they would have gotten all the evilness out of em.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
First I may believe poster. But why do so many folks let stores active it and set up your google account in stores? Cardinal rule buy the phone but do not active it. The stores can do this. Then go home connect phone to PC and unlock it. Fyi unless there is one click set up sdk ahead of time. After u unlock it will wipe your phone.

protonchain

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I went to the best buy in Paradise Valley, AZ like another member suggested. They had not recieved the memo and thought it was launch day. They got me all signed up and got the phone all set up and activiated. All of their phone employees were crowded around to see it. Let me tell you after just getting a little bit of time with it, it is as amazing as I hoped it would be. They were doing the final steps and authenticating and it was loading all of my apps and data. Tried to place a call on it and it wouldn't work. The data was working just fine but no luck with the phone. So finally reluctantly I had to let them call Verizon to see what the issue was.....they had to undo the entire thing. They felt horrible but I did at least get a piece of information you might or might not want to know the Verizon person they had me talk to appologized for the issue and told me the phone wasn't to be sold yet for this very issue. There is a bug in the software they are still having problems with which google is still trying to fix. They have sloted the phone to be released on the 15th as long as the issue is dealt with by then.

Getting to play with it for 20 mins just made me want it that much more but made me feel ok about waiting since it seems like it is definatly a problem as they said of Verizon's network and Google's software not playing nice togeather in the final version.

I know I am new to this and probably someone will come along and rip me but I just wanted to pass along this story from today to all of my fellow android members. Feel free to but thought you all would enjoy that info. So close!! :'(

Although that's quite an issue, it's nice to get some sunlight in this otherwise sea of darkness and tantrums.

Thank you very much for giving us some insight and hopefully they'll have it all fixed by the 15th (which is when my final exam is!).

Reactions: pppilot

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000