Machiavellian

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
suggesting the principles of conduct laid down by Machiavelli; specifically : marked by cunning, duplicity, or bad faith - Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I don't post a lot in these forums and I'm not well known, not all knowledgeable or a big techno geek, but one thing I do know is marketing. What VZW is doing is a classic Machiavellian technique. Not a very ethical technique but it works. Good Job VZW!!!!!!!! You are going to make a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$

I know VZW never officially announced a date but it looks real suspicious when official VZW memos, emails and postings get leaked to the internet announcing a certain date then all of a sudden that date gets pulled not once, not twice but three or four times.

Last edited:

TGreg104

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Not verizons fault. Those memos were never 'official' no way to tell if they were leaked. Between the LTE outage and the rumored software problems, I'm glad they delayed it. Just be patient.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Ya I said it was a marketing thing a long time ago, just didn't know what t was called. They also did this with the thunderbolt.

zero.

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Totally disagree. The longer they wait, the worse it will be because of returns of other newly purchased 4G devices.

short-term speedbump on a long journey toward riches. nobody knows the complete & real story here, but any of you clowns defending VZW make me suspicious as well. VZW trustworthy? here for the benefit of their clientele? to provided great service? no. long-term controlled predictable profits. that is all.

belniente

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
short-term speedbump on a long journey toward riches. nobody knows the complete & real story here, but any of you clowns defending VZW make me suspicious as well. VZW trustworthy? here for the benefit of their clientele? to provided great service? no. long-term controlled predictable profits. that is all.

Actually, as someone who may be considered to defend VZW (I disagree with the idea that they wanted this delay), I fully agree that they're in it for long-term controlled predictable profits. However, you get those controlled profits by benefiting your clientele and business partners, not by shafting them.

IMO, if this is Verizon's choice the longer they wait the worse it will be and not necessarily because of customers. I hear Google is kind of a big deal, and if this collaboration doesn't work out and Verizon makes it onto Google's naughty list, they're in for a lump of coal somewhere down the line. Now, if Google or Samsung is pulling the brake here, Verizon gets a little egg on its face and then everything's peachy, but if Verizon was pulling a stunt here I doubt Google would take kindly to it.

As a note, I have no background in any pertinent field and I'm just giving unsubstantiated opinions.

zero.

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
^ i agree with this as well. i did not mean to agree with the assertion that this is all VZW's effort to manipulate supply & demand for gain as a direct strategy, and most of the info coming down from the rumor mill seems to substantiate that (regarding possible Google software bugs or whatever). but i also do not agree that VZW, or any publicly traded corp, gives a crap about anything aside from revenues. you'd think they would value their sources of revenue, but i haven't seen any real signs of that yet. ever. but i'm going off topic now... :-!

Brooke

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Delay also has to cut into VZ's exclusive period, for which they no doubt paid good money. All in all, feels more like snafu than cunning plan.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
suggesting the principles of conduct laid down by Machiavelli; specifically : marked by cunning, duplicity, or bad faith - Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I don't post a lot in these forums and I'm not well known, not all knowledgeable or a big techno geek, but one thing I do know is marketing. What VZW is doing is a classic Machiavellian technique. Not a very ethical technique but it works. Good Job VZW!!!!!!!! You are going to make a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$

I know VZW never officially announced a date but it looks real suspicious when official VZW memos, emails and postings get leaked to the internet announcing a certain date then all of a sudden that date gets pulled not once, not twice but three or four times.

If you feel that strongly, then why note vote with your wallet? Get the GSM model and use it on AT&T or T-Mobile.

Brooke

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
If you feel that strongly, then why note vote with your wallet? Get the GSM model and use it on AT&T or T-Mobile.

I dont agree with the OP, but would note that many of us got here by voting with out wallets. I finally stopped complaining about ATT "service" and came here. No carrier is perfect ...

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I dont agree with the OP, but would note that many of us got here by voting with out wallets. I finally stopped complaining about ATT "service" and came here. No carrier is perfect ...

Very true, must pick your poison I suppose. Seems phone availability is extremely important to the OP, which is why I suggested GSM - much more freedom in the phone you can choose.

Brooke

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Very true, must pick your poison I suppose. Seems phone availability is extremely important to the OP, which is why I suggested GSM - much more freedom in the phone you can choose.
I love GSM! World-wide (at least where I travel), tons of phones, and, IMO, better sound quality. Too bad ATT in NorCal is ... less than optimal ...
And, please, let not the above comment start a flame war over sound quality.

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

Sometimes we all can't do that, considering huge EFT's. Especially if you are in big with a family plan. I have considered it because I like the idea of popping in a different sim card on an unlocked phone and the world compatibility of it. It just financially isn't responsible for many of us to just jump ship.

All I was doing was trying to point something out with my post. Hopefully I'm wrong and there is some proper ethics being practiced by our wireless corporations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781