Best Buy on 12/11

Wake

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed at their BB they call it the Nexus Prime and not the Galaxy Nexus?

Yeah, for some reason our buyer's guides say the Galaxy Nexus Prime, which strikes me as odd since our employee news posts tend to just say Galaxy Nexus. I've heard that the name Galaxy Nexus Prime is supposed to be the Verizon version, but the boxes don't say prime on them... Perhaps they just had misinformation when they made the guides, wouldn't be the first time..

Reactions: deviouslylost

Hondo_Lane

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Just for fun I called my local BB and they don't have anything named Nexus for Verizon, however she said they did say that they have the Google Nexus for AT&T. lol

prestonbrownie

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
So I called my local BB. They said they were selling it today but had none in stock. I didn't believe it so I went to the store myself to check it out. Talked to some guy and he started looking it up in the system. He said if he found out that the "street date" was today, he would sell it to me. Sure enough, he couldn't find it in the system, so I gave him the item # that was in the leaked post and he looked it up and said "sorry man, it's not for sale today." then i got up and he said "hey, you didn't hear this from me, but it's for sale starting the 19th." But all other sources say the 15th with verizon? Ugh. I swear this product launch is annoying...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So I called my local BB. They said they were selling it today but had none in stock. I didn't believe it so I went to the store myself to check it out. Talked to some guy and he started looking it up in the system. He said if he found out that the "street date" was today, he would sell it to me. Sure enough, he couldn't find it in the system, so I gave him the item # that was in the leaked post and he looked it up and said "sorry man, it's not for sale today." then i got up and he said "hey, you didn't hear this from me, but it's for sale starting the 19th." But all other sources say the 15th with verizon? Ugh. I swear this product launch is annoying...

I could see it launching the 15th on verizon and then later at bb and third party retailers. I am pretty sure nobody knows for sure and he just said that.

jimbosi

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
It seems to me one of a few things will happen:

BB will get a call from Big Red tomorrow to cease and desist.

Argument will ensue.

Either BB relents, or states it'll sell the phone anyway because the floodgates are already open,

Causing Verizon to -finally- announce a date, probably Tue, 13 Dec, for a 15 Dec date.

I guess it depends on how many got into the wild. Unfortunately, I think the number will be in the dozens. I think there isn't a huge amount of visibility on the G-Nex apart from us Android nerds.

As an aside, there are likely to be spirited discussions in BB offices tomorrow, especially in the stores that sold them. I read a previous post that said people would be fired. Perhaps that's the case. I guess it depends on whether the employees can rebut with evidence stating the phone was for sale (12/11 date).

This should be an interesting week all around.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
It seems to me one of a few things will happen:

BB will get a call from Big Red tomorrow to cease and desist.

Argument will ensue.

Either BB relents, or states it'll sell the phone anyway because the floodgates are already open,

Causing Verizon to -finally- announce a date, probably Tue, 13 Dec, for a 15 Dec date.

I guess it depends on how many got into the wild. Unfortunately, I think the number will be in the dozens. I think there isn't a huge amount of visibility on the G-Nex apart from us Android nerds.

As an aside, there are likely to be spirited discussions in BB offices tomorrow, especially in the stores that sold them. I read a previous post that said people would be fired. Perhaps that's the case. I guess it depends on whether the employees can rebut with evidence stating the phone was for sale (12/11 date).

This should be an interesting week all around.

Agreed. I think the firing of bb employees and the decision to sell before vz approval would be a very newsworthy topic. Should be all over the blogs if indeed bb has violated any policies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance