Micro SIM card included?

nothinbutnexus

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
When I buy my Galaxy Nexus at Verizon, will the micro sim card be included? I've never bought a phone with a sim card, so I don't know how that works.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is CDMA and the SIM is for the 4g . Phone needs it to be activated. It comes with the phone. It should have a micro SD card for saving photos apps that can be saved and your music etc

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

eikphoto

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is CDMA and the SIM is for the 4g . Phone needs it to be activated. It comes with the phone. It should have a micro SD card for saving photos apps that can be saved and your music etc

It does not have a micro SD

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
That's cheap for them to not include a micro SD card!

I don't agree entirely. While it would be nice to have removable storage, 32GB is a lot and enough for me. Onboard storage is also faster.

stabbedintheface

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

I've seen you here and on other threads with equally.. Uhh.. Clueless statements.

Either you are REALLY lost or a troll

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: Premium1

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
so if I'm coming from a thunderbolt will I have to get a new sim card?

The Galaxy Nexus uses a microsim that is smaller than the 4G sim in the Thunderbolt. However, someone said they were able to cut their Rezound sim down to activate the Nexus, so you probably could if you had a steady hand and a sharp knife.....but you should be able to get a new microsim for free when you get the Nexus.

However, I can't confirm for sure the type of Sim that comes with the Rezound is micro or regular and it's probably easier just to get a new sim,

Last edited:
Reactions: whiteshadow001

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
so if I'm coming from a thunderbolt will I have to get a new sim card?
Nope
The Galaxy Nexus uses a microsim that is smaller than the 4G sim in the Thunderbolt. However, someone said they were able to cut their Rezound sim down to activate the Nexus, so you probably could if you had a steady hand and a sharp knife.....but you should be able to get a new microsim for free when you get the Nexus.

However, I can't confirm for sure the type of Sim that comes with the Rezound is micro or regular and it's probably easier just to get a new sim,

It's possible to trim a SIM by hand or use one of these

Reactions: jas o