When Verizon Announces...

defdc

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
This is my first time buying a phone at launch. (Lucky me!) During the T-bolt debacle, does anyone remember what time of the day the announcement was made?

Midnight? 7AM Eastern? 7AM Pacific?

Just curious as to what we might expect... I'm sure my employer will eventually ask me if my F5 key has been stuck for two months... :)

ryangeno

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I honestly doubt the 15th... a lot.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk

what makes you doubt it?

im beyond impatient... and im starting to think that all this build up is just like when a new movie is out and everyone tells you how funny it is and then you finally see it and think to yourself, it's funny but not that funny..

if it doesnt have that button that lets you travel through time, im going to be disappointed!

zer0vette

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
This is my first time buying a phone at launch. (Lucky me!) During the T-bolt debacle, does anyone remember what time of the day the announcement was made?

Midnight? 7AM Eastern? 7AM Pacific?

Just curious as to what we might expect... I'm sure my employer will eventually ask me if my F5 key has been stuck for two months... :)

I was just searching around to find out when announcements have been made in the past. It looks like near EOD eastern time for the tbolt and bionic from what i can see.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't remember. I know someone mentioned in another post that it wasn't officially announced until the Tuesday before the launch on Thursday March 17th, but I don't remember the time. I think we all knew the 17th before that Tuesday anyway so I didn't pay attention.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't remember. I know someone mentioned in another post that it wasn't officially announced until the Tuesday before the launch on Thursday March 17th, but I don't remember the time. I think we all knew the 17th before that Tuesday anyway so I didn't pay attention.

Verizon Wireless' twitter feed started talking about it early in the morning on the 15th... and a couple of hours later it hit the Verizon Wireless Press Release section of the site.

Everyone knew about the 17th because a screenshot showing the internal CSR announcement was leaked and posted.

Seeing nothing from VZW and nothing leaked is very discouraging.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
That may mean it's going to happen then since nothing has leaked. Seems they were wanting it pretty tight lipped. And causing their people not to talk about it at all and all that has made exactly that happen. Can't help but think about how everyone would have reacted before and how it will be now.

Before: YEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Now: About G%* D&#N Time.....

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Seeing nothing from VZW and nothing leaked is very discouraging.

Agreed. If the 15th was viable I'm sure we would've seen or heard something trickling out yesterday. I'm not holding out for hope for Thursday. However, VZW isn't really sticking to their past established release days anymore, it appears. So, maybe we'll see some movement today for Friday, perhaps. Who knows anymore?

whitecomet

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I really doubt it's gonna happen. It's gonna happen on 12/22 or next year. If it was the 15th the reps would know today. And guess what I have no update nor does my buddy in corporate. So nothing offical is stating the 15th.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Everyone saying that if it was going to happen the 15th the reps would have known is false. After the debacle with the 9th and verizon looking bad they sent emails saying not talk about the nexus and are being pretty tight lipped about it. Most stores have inventory so all that needs to be sent is an email saying it is ok to sell.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Everyone saying that if it was going to happen the 15th the reps would have known is false. After the debacle with the 9th and verizon looking bad they sent emails saying not talk about the nexus and are being pretty tight lipped about it. Most stores have inventory so all that needs to be sent is an email saying it is ok to sell.

I'm talking about the call centers. Not the stores. We had seen the comm go out to them 2 or 3 days in advance of the launch.

Very possible they don't mention it till the day before.... but why?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Usually PR is early morning Tues and release for thur/Fri. There is also times no PR and just released

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't think this week is going to happen. Unless Verizon does a silent launch, and it really wouldn't make sense to do that, than I think we would have heard something by now about the 15th.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this week is going to happen. Unless Verizon does a silent launch, and it really wouldn't make sense to do that, than I think we would have heard something by now about the 15th.

I could see them doin a soft launch if rumors of low stock are true. Tide over the fanatics like us, yet not create mass demand and have another Droid Incredible shortage fiasco on their hands. Then once inventory levels are up launch an all out advertising campaign. Long shot I know but at this point its impossible to predict what is going to happen with this device.

zer0vette

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
i don't understand those who dispute current release date rumors. An opinion on why the 15th is not going to happen without any credible sources serves no purpose. All it does is create drama.

Some people just like to stir the pot i guess...

Reactions: ejaymd11

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I was told by 3 corporate stores near me that they heard "the new date is the 15th". I'm trying to tell myself not to believe this 100% but it would make the most sense because I doubt places like Best Buy, Radioshak, Cosco, Sams etc are wanting to hold these phones in their inventory for weeks and weeks. So I'm leaning toward Verzion wanting to release these soon so they can keep the possible leaked phones to a minimum. I just don't understand the whole releasing the phone on a Thursday thing.....Why not put it out there on a Monday.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
i don't understand those who dispute current release date rumors. An opinion on why the 15th is not going to happen without any credible sources serves no purpose. All it does is create drama.

Some people just like to stir the pot i guess...

A rumor without any credible sources serves no purpose either. Better yet a rumor with credible sources and evidence (ahem 12/9) serves no purpose. So yeah, forgive anyone who's a little bit jaded. There is so much information floating around about issues with the phone, low inventory availability, corporate indecision, etc., it's better not to get our hopes set on anything until we hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

Last edited:

zer0vette

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
A rumor without any credible sources serves no purpose either. Better yet a rumor with credible sources and evidence (ahem 12/9) serves no purpose. So yeah, forgive anyone who's a little bit jaded. There is so much information floating around about issues with the phone, low inventory availability, corporate indecision, etc., it's better not to get our hopes set on anything until we hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

agreed but unfortunately there's always going to be "leaks" and resultant rumors and excitement based on them. I just don't see the need for the party crashers that show up. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos