Galaxy Nexus $199

delkhouri

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I have talked to three different reps, all confirmed that there was a coupon for upgrading from 3g to 4g. they all said it was location specific to the midwest. I said awesome, im from ohio and they said great, let me apply it to your account. None could, they tried to apply it again and then for fun ring me out with another phone to see if it would be accepted and they still had no luck. Then after further research they realized that its not for all of the midwest, just chicagoland. I dont know how you people in NJ or Alabama or SoCal are getting this but congrats.

kjsmommy10

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I just had success with it. I live in Des Moines, IA. The rep put a note on my acct saying I was eligible!!!! Here's to hoping it really works!!

jorGeorge

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I have talked to three different reps, all confirmed that there was a coupon for upgrading from 3g to 4g. they all said it was location specific to the midwest. I said awesome, im from ohio and they said great, let me apply it to your account. None could, they tried to apply it again and then for fun ring me out with another phone to see if it would be accepted and they still had no luck. Then after further research they realized that its not for all of the midwest, just chicagoland. I dont know how you people in NJ or Alabama or SoCal are getting this but congrats.
I would like to know the same thing...

tag617

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I called to try and get this deal, they didn't give it to me, but they did change my upgrade date from the 29th to today, so i guess i'll be getting mine on launch day.

edit: just browsing online, it looks like I get a $50 discount on all 4g devices. combine with living social i'll be paying 224.99 for mine anyways :D

How did you get then to change your upgrade date?
Mine is the 28th.

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know the same thing...

I called again this evening to make sure the discount is set up on my account. This was a different person from this morning (of course) he didn't really want the Promo code I tried to give him, he just told me he would look for a 3G to 4G upgrade discount. He read off the promos until he found one that stated a $100 discount for upgrading from the 3G to 4G, he asked me where was from (Oregon) he looked at my account (my 2 year upgrade is May but I've been bumped up to now) and said I could get the discount. He then added it to my account so that when I go into the store to get my phone it will be there for them to see ;-). Maybe there is another promo they aren't seeing because both Verizon techs told me I qualified after knowing I'm in Oregon. You might try another phone call if you're having problems. I did talk one gal today who did not want to help me so I just called back.

He did tell me I don't qualify for the $50 credit for waiting for 2 years to get a new device, some are getting $150 off the GN!

telero

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Oregon here as well. I only had a chance to talk to 3 reps, but they all said they couldn't find a promo for my account. I'm primary on the family plan, have an upgrade available, mentioned the 3g to 4g promotion and the ch4ge code, and that I knew of two other people in Oregon that had confirmed that they were eligible for the promo. Guess I'll call back tomorrow.

ZachDasher

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
This was a deal on thanksgiving/black friday. You paid 25 but got 50 dollars to spend on any device or Accessory

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I called as well and was told it was a discount for "the midwest" only.
I called and gave them the code the op used. The rep said that didn't work for me, but he found this "Midwest" promo for me also. Apparently there is not code, it will "just show up" on the total when buying online or simply "ask for it" at the store. It expired 12/3 and can be combined with the new every two discount (which is now only $30 instead of the $50 it use to be).

Will it work just like the rep said? I'm not sure, but I believe it's available to me and I'll make sure I get it somehow. I recommend calling #611 or *611 and asking what's available in your area.

mrholzapfel

May 25, 2011
Visit site
the first two calls I made, reps couldn't find the promo.

3rd rep I called this morning found the CH4GE promo, but couldn't apply it to my account. Said your account had to be flagged specifically with that promo.

But, she did give me $50 off a 4G upgrade. Better than nothing.

EDIT: In Omaha, NE

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Easton, PA here.
Called CS and spoke to supervisors and the Marketing divsion out of Conneticut.
No dice on the update as that is midwest only.
She said the only way it could possibly be done and not come up as an issue later is if you are on a family plan and one number is in the region the offer is made.

I hope you guys get the discount!
I would call more but was on the phone with unemployment arguing with them that YES I do have a job...go figure.

cowman4000

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
To those of you who are getting this applied to your account, is it your main line that has the upgrade available? For me, my wife has the main line on the account but my line is the only line eligible for an upgrade. I saw a previous poster got this applied to his account and he lives in KC... I'd like to know how he did that since I'm in the Kansas area!!!

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
To those of you who are getting this applied to your account, is it your main line that has the upgrade available? For me, my wife has the main line on the account but my line is the only line eligible for an upgrade. I saw a previous poster got this applied to his account and he lives in KC... I'd like to know how he did that since I'm in the Kansas area!!!

mine is the main line

davelm

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I live in Central Oregon. Called and got some regional manager person(really didn't care) and said I was in the correct region for the discount, BUT it was a business promo code... So she wouldn't apply it.

Called again and women gave me another number to try... after a run around... it directed me to Charter Communications...WTF?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12