Keyboard Lag?

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Stopped by the store today to check availability and drool over a demo again. Noticed something odd.

The unit was brand new, not even activated, and I skipped all the activiation and log in stuff. I wanted to try the keyboard so I oppened up office and started typing. The keyboard was terrible. After every 2nd word it would freez even thought I kept typing. I would stop and after a second it would catch up and the word I had just typed would appear. Very bad keyboard lag.

Has any one else seen problems in the store units like that? I was wondering if it was caused by skipping all the activiation stuff and having that running in the background, or maybe a problem with the office program itself. I did not have a chance to try a text message or another place to type.

Is there a fix? if not, what are some good 3rd party keyboards?

Edit: It was the text message app, not the office app. I could not find an office app on the phone.

Last edited:

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
The office application is usually laggy with my experience. Also the phone was just turned on it probably was still loading. I usually always get lag right after i boot up.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.

Reactions: Pierce09

Pierce09

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
The office application is usually laggy with my experience. Also the phone was just turned on it probably was still loading. I usually always get lag right after i boot up.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.

This. Office apps are generally laggy.

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
How long after bootup do you notice lag?

Glad you weighed in guinnkevinr, I was hoping you would.

Yea, given the great reviews I was very surprised but I should edit my statement. It was not the office app, it was the text messaging app. The phone did not have an office app and I remember looking for it.

It was very deliberate. Every 2 or 3 words, it would freeze, and then a second later catch up.

gdubs2013

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Must have been something going on in the background because the demo GNex unit I was using today was working fine with no lag besides the typical camera opening lag.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I have typing lag with my Xoom only on certain web pages, xoomforums.com is esp. ironically enough. Overclocking, factory resets, different keyboards none had any effect. I figured it was just an annoying android thing.

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
in portrait mode their is no lag whatsoever. if you choose to crossover to landscape, there is approximately a 1.5 second wait... keyboard lag becomes prominent.

Rubin keeps stating hardware acceleration will eliminate lag, but it is still prevalent.. i do not get it??? hopefully an ota real soon.

SteveDose

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
My Keyboard was horrible - it would freeze when typing as well and then catch up. I went to the market and downloaded the free ICS keyboard and it works amazing and is the samething... just dl it and use it instead of the original until there is an update released.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
My Keyboard was horrible - it would freeze when typing as well and then catch up. I went to the market and downloaded the free ICS keyboard and it works amazing and is the samething... just dl it and use it instead of the original until there is an update released.

I had this issue last night when I got home, but I restarted and turned off the vibration and it was fine. I usually turn off vibration anyway so I should have done that to begin with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz