3rd party retailer offered 70 off nexus

landofthedroid

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I've been a reader of this website since buying an Eris on launch day but I've finally decided to join the forum so hopefully I can fit in. Anyways, like most of you I'm after the galaxy nexus and hoping to get a good deal for it. I asked a mall rep at a third party retailer called diamond wireless when he was going to have it in and he said its looking like Friday for them. So I asked him what kind of deal he could offer and said he could do maybe 40 off the phone plus a $30 ne2 discount I believe, and for example if a case costs 30 he could bring it down to about $10. Same for screen protectors and chargers. It seems like a good deal to me but I've never dealt with 3rd party retailers and am wondering if it is worth it or not. He told me that as soon as he's allowed to sell it, he'll call me to come in. If I could get the 100$ 3g to 4g discount is rather go that route as I currently have an incredible 2, but if I can't do you guys think it would be worth it?. I apologize for the long post bit would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks.

ZachDasher

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I say go for it if you can. Saving money is always a great thing...
Im trying to get the 100 dollar deal from going to a 3g device to a 4g device but I don't live in the "midwest" so I don't know if that's going to happen
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

landofthedroid

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yea you're right about that. I hope you can get the promo as well, I will call tomorrow and see if I can get it. I just wish Verizon didn't raise the prices of phones to 299. Maybe to others its not a big deal but 199 would be a lot easier on my wallet haha.

zzbxdo

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Do you happen to be the South Bay Area? I was talking to a rep from Diamond Wireless as well who was doubling at another stand in Eastridge Mall and gave me his card. Iono just sounds kinda familiar haha.

If I could I would jump on it too, but I have the living social 25 for 50 that i got for 10 bucks :D I wonder if theres anyway theyll accept it even if it's a third party... :)

I also have a 50$ NE2 upgrade and trying to call 611 today for additional promotions and discounts, I'm currently on a feature phone and haven't upgraded my line for like 2.5yrs :(

landofthedroid

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Do you happen to be the South Bay Area? I was talking to a rep from Diamond Wireless as well who was doubling at another stand in Eastridge Mall and gave me his card. Iono just sounds kinda familiar haha.

If I could I would jump on it too, but I have the living social 25 for 50 that i got for 10 bucks :D I wonder if theres anyway theyll accept it even if it's a third party... :)

I also have a 50$ NE2 upgrade and trying to call 611 today for additional promotions and discounts, I'm currently on a feature phone and haven't upgraded my line for like 2.5yrs :(
I live in Sacramento actually. Sucks here haha. But yeah I read that the living social deal is only for corporate stores although I could be wrong. Why don't you try the $100 promotion others mentioned? Wouldn't hurt to try.