How can I get my contract renewed early?

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
if your on a family plan the account holder can log into myverizon and transfer the upgrade to your number, or they can do it it the store. they really dont care.

rudyutz

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
if your on a family plan the account holder can log into myverizon and transfer the upgrade to your number, or they can do it it the store. they really dont care.

The thing is my family member still wants an upgrade though. I hope I can get an upgrade without using theirs.

lilnate

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
not trying to thread jack, but my date is like March 19th, 2012..so more or less three months away.. any advice to maybe convince a CSR to move it up, or am i screwed into paying full retail

any advice about what i should say when i call? Any success stories out there moving it up a couple months?

JetmanFL410

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
For all the idiots out there like me paying the off contract price, I have a question.

Verizon full retail price is $649
Best Buy will be $799

Long story short I had to buy a razr yestarday to get my 6month buy back price $350 for the charge before it dropped to the 40% price.

Will best buy match Verizon's $649 price? If so I should get $150 back. Do y'all think best buy will match Verizon's full retail price?

Thanks
I'm such an idiot! $800 for a stupid but awesome phone!

clockvstrain

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
not trying to thread jack, but my date is like March 19th, 2012..so more or less three months away.. any advice to maybe convince a CSR to move it up, or am i screwed into paying full retail

any advice about what i should say when i call? Any success stories out there moving it up a couple months?

Just so you know, I had almost the exact same upgrade date -- 3/15/2012. After reading that some people could upgrade after a "$20 early upgrade fee," I called keeping that in mind as a backup. Turns out I had about the nicest CSR ever, and he never even questioned the fact that I was upgrading three months early. Was just so excited to get me the phone that he went right into the billing/shipping info. Obviously YMMV, but worth a shot!

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I was eligible for an "early" upgrade (normal date was 4/15/12) because I'm the main number on the account. I have two other lines that are eligible on the same date, or very close and none of them are eligible. So if you're the main number on the account you have a chance, but it's gonna be nearly impossible if you're not.

Phadunkin

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
my friend was able to upgrade her phone 4 months early.. and got the iPhone 4S

took about 3 separate phone calls and a lot of annoyance and complaining.. and just testing the reps as much as possible.. but it worked.

My upgrade is in March.. I'm hoping maybe I can do the same thing..

Don't really know.