Disabled Verizon preloaded apps

jlongjr27

May 30, 2011
Visit site
So it looks like there are 5 verizon apps preloaded.
My Verizon Mobile, Verizon Login, Videos, VZ Backup Assistant and VZWAPNService. Not sure what that last one is.

Well I forced closed those apps, Disabled them and rebooted. Didn't see any side effects except for they are no longer in the apps drawer. They also didn't automatically startup after a reboot.

I like not having to root to disable apps. Looks like you can disable any and all apps on the phone including system apps, so be careful.

Reactions: Holsum

jlongjr27

May 30, 2011
Visit site
To disable apps go into settings, apps, all and click on the app. You will see a disable button and a warning will come up after you click on it. Disable it and force close it and the app shouldn't startup anymore. It also removes the icon from the app drawer.

jlongjr27

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I only disabled the vzn backup. I might still want to use my Verizon to pay my bill.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yeah, some people might want to keep it enabled. I am on a business account so I can't manage much on the account from the vzw app.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
So it looks like there are 5 verizon apps preloaded.
My Verizon Mobile, Verizon Login, Videos, VZ Backup Assistant and VZWAPNService. Not sure what that last one is.

Well I forced closed those apps, Disabled them and rebooted. Didn't see any side effects except for they are no longer in the apps drawer. They also didn't automatically startup after a reboot.

I like not having to root to disable apps. Looks like you can disable any and all apps on the phone including system apps, so be careful.

1. There's only 2 VZW apps - My VZW and BUA. Videos is Google, and the other two are system apps that you don't wanna touch.

2. You can't disable ANY app, but the majority can be

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
This might seem like a crazy question, but how do you re-enable apps once they've been disabled? I disabled News and Weather and now find that it's needed by Alarm Clock Plus to display the weather.

UPDATE: Just answered my own question. If you go to settings-device-apps and then select "all", you'll find disabled apps at the bottom of the list. You can re-enable them there.

Last edited:
Reactions: trmoney24

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I dont plan on removing any of these apps.. but if I was going to.. I would probably use the new uninstall method of dragging and dropping in the app drawer.. does this not work? or are people to lazy to do it the new way and are disabling like this is android 2.0 or something?

cosmo36

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. When I go into any of my apps, there is no "disable" button. There is a forceclose and uninstall button, but no disable. My version is 4.0.2, and I'm not rooted. What am I missing???

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I dont plan on removing any of these apps.. but if I was going to.. I would probably use the new uninstall method of dragging and dropping in the app drawer.. does this not work? or are people to lazy to do it the new way and are disabling like this is android 2.0 or something?

The uninstall option is not available for the VZW apps.
There you go. You learned something today. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20