Auto-Dial 22899?

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
So I did manage to track down a nexus at a vzw store that would sell it to me for full price. Hooray!

Now something strange just happened that I can't recall reading about...my nexus is charging at the moment on my desk and I just looked over at it because the screen turned on. Upon closer inspection I saw a phone icon in the notification pane, so I dragged it down to check it out and it said it was connected to a phone call at the number "22899".

Anyone else's nexus automatically dialing the activation line?

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
So doing some research leads me to believe that the phone is automatically trying to update the PRL. Has this happened to anyone else?

What PRL do you all have listed? Settings, About Phone, Status -> PRL

I have 52642, is that not what it should be?

Bad news is that I have horrible service in my office so it can't complete the call successfully. Should I try and go outside where I have service and just dial *22899 myself?

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I have PRL 15908. My phone keeps doing the same thing. Seems like it happened the same time friday morning and again this morning.

It's also only happening when I'm at home where we have horrible service. Most spots will go between no service at all and 1 bar.

Hopefully somebody else has more info. I also wonder if updating while in a good service area would do any good. It's annoying that it will just auto dial and then even when I hit "END" it will redial again and I can only get it to stop with a reboot.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
So doing some research leads me to believe that the phone is automatically trying to update the PRL. Has this happened to anyone else?

What PRL do you all have listed? Settings, About Phone, Status -> PRL

I have 52642, is that not what it should be?

Bad news is that I have horrible service in my office so it can't complete the call successfully. Should I try and go outside where I have service and just dial *22899 myself?

Are you using the gnex on verizon? Weird PRL. Mine is 15098

Salacon

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus as well. It happened soon after I received and activated it. It tried to do it quite a bit, but it finally stopped trying and hasn't done it since, so I suppose it achieved what it wanted to do.

My PRL is also 15098. No idea what it was before, though, if it was different at all.

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine is 15098 here in NJ. I can't even call *22899 or *228 it just says call not sent so I can't update roaming manually anyway unless there is another way?

hiwayfuzz

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I thought we were not suppose to dial any if the *228 numbers on 4G phones..now phones are doing it on their own...nice

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I thought we were not suppose to dial any if the *228 numbers on 4G phones..now phones are doing it on their own...nice

Ah did not know that! My first 4G phone...thanks now I know and knowing is half the battle:p

SoCoolCurt

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
mine was doing the same thing just a little bit ago. I'm sitting here watching football and noticed the screen was on. When I picked it up, I noticed a call in progress and pulled down the notification window and the screen shut off. It did this 2 or three times (the screen turning off) until I finally was able to end the call. Then it just dialed the number again when I set it down and I had to the same dance but this time I listened to it instead of ending it and it said it was provisioning and had the same *228 music from 3G phones. After about 2 minutes it ended the call on its own and hasn't done it since. I can't tell if its fixed the voice/data drop issue I was having or not and it won't let me call *22899 manually (or *228). My PRL is 52642 in Maryland (not sure what it was before). All I know it succeeded in doing is creeping me out...

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Pure, rampant speculation here by someone who doesn't even own a Galaxy Nexus, so take it with a bucket of salt: I wonder if the battery problems and the auto-dialing *228 are related? Perhaps a lot of people are having their batteries drained by their Galaxy Nexi constantly trying to dial out for provisioning?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool