Mass texting in Ice Cream Sandwich?

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I have used SMS by handcent and it works well as a text app. Don't know if it will do exactly what you want but I have used it and like it. It almost sounds like you want to do a group type text. If you are trying to just make a text and just check off several people to send it to SMS by handcent will do that fine, and I have already used it on the Galaxy Nexus. If you are trying to keep several people in a group and select that group as a single action I don't know which app would do that.

kesnik

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
In the people app there is a group tap.....

I haven't done it but i assumed you could text an entire group.

Why is the group tab there then?

-kesnik

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys for all the great Ideas, I hope in they include an option to select multiple people (only if its limited to ten) in a future update. I ended up getting the Handcent SMS. does exactly what I need it to do. Thanks again!!!!! Hope everyone is enjoying they're GNex as much as I am.

cbbartley

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

-kesnik

That is a good question asked at the end. Too bad that there is no answer. Can't believe they included groups only to have them be useless in the people app. I think everyone thought that this was functional not entirely aesthetic.

joeynumbers

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
The Google Plus app is great for group texting. It even works if your party doesn't have the app,but its cooler when they do ;]

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

-kesnik

I just knew it had to work so the moment I read this I went into exdialer and tapped on the settings (three dots) and clicked on contacts then chose groups tab, then clicked on the settings dots again, then text message et voila, see there you go group text, all from an idea.

Edit: although it seems to text every number in each contact and that's bad.

Last edited:

2waterfowl

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Here's an easy way to mass text anyone in your contact list using ICS:

Simply click on the microphone button in your google search bar on your front screen... Say "text John Doe, Jane Doe, Mary Poppins, Frank Footer..." and so on, for as many people as you wish to send a text to. Then immediately say "message (insert message here)" and all will be done for you with mobile numbers used by default for all the contacts. You can preview the message before sending.

Also, if you wish to type the text: Simply pause after you say all the contact names and then you may type the message. :cool:

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't need to send texts to multiple people as much as I need to reply to multiple people!!!!! All my friends send texts to multiple people on their iPhones and they respond to all. Not only can I not see who all it was sent to, I can't reply to all of them. That is very frustrating as when the sports talking starts, I can't participate!!

Bobaroo

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't need to send texts to multiple people as much as I need to reply to multiple people!!!!! All my friends send texts to multiple people on their iPhones and they respond to all. Not only can I not see who all it was sent to, I can't reply to all of them. That is very frustrating as when the sports talking starts, I can't participate!!

Exactly. Sending the messages isn't the problem, its the responses and keeping everything grouped. My BB was great at it and my friends iphones do it. Luckily I was able to get Veirzon Messages a few months back before it was pulled from the Nexus. It works great (although the interface is fugly)

kenshell

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
vz messages posted above replies to all.
works great.