Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!

smitty24

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
these pictures are horrible. extremely disappointing..

(picture quality, not what's in it)

I disagree - the still photos are as good as other phones. NO its not iphone quality, but for a 0 lag shutter, they are good enough for me and my day-to-day picture taking.

Phadunkin

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
the HTC Rhyme takes better photos than this thing. [among other devices i've messed with]

These pictures have no crisp and refreshing look to them.. really bland, dull, and grainy.

belniente

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
the HTC Rhyme takes better photos than this thing. [among other devices i've messed with]

These pictures have no crisp and refreshing look to them.. really bland, dull, and grainy.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought the pictures were very realistic looking. Sure, they don't "pop" but to be honest, nothing on my shelf DOES "pop;" there are lots of colors, but any popping would be software enhancement anyways. I kind of like that the camera doesn't automatically do all that stuff to it, and I can just choose to do it later. Oh and as for grainy, all these pictures have been resized anyways so it's hard to say what's actually grainy and what's just an artifact from resizing. If the problem with these pictures was that it wasn't focusing properly and that details were muddy, that'd be one thing, but when it's just the colors I can't see the problem. The software has editing tools for that.

Here's a couple examples, the original and the "popping" images... sure the ones that "pop" are more aesthetically pleasing immediately, but it's not quite real. I like that I'm given the power to choose exactly what the pictures look like, and whether they represent realistic colors, what I think it should look like, or what the software thinks it should look like.

I think the whole camera thing is just another example of something in Android that is made to be tweaked rather than "just work," and therefore what you cite is not a problem imo. Then again, this is my first smartphone (and I think my first 5MP camera believe it or not) so it's possible I just have no good basis for comparison.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Do you have any pictures taken with your thunderbolt you can post for comparison along with pictures from your nexus?

If the camera takes better pictures than the Thunderbolt, I'll be completely satisfied. I don't need this phone to take pictures better than my standard camera, I just want them to look good enough to share to family members when my kids do something cute. For me, the zero lag shutter is the selling point.

jumpo64

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Johnglad's pictures a couple posts above look good. When the pictures move indoors and to lower light situations they seem to drop off quality wise. It's not the end of the world though, as this is typical of alot of smart phones.

I'd say overall the iPhone probably takes better pictures, but whatever. I don't take a ton of pictures, and I own a nice digital camera.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I honestly have to say its better than my friends 4s, just take your time focusing the pic and it will turn out great. Sometimes the color seems off but I think that can be mended with an update

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11