I got my Galaxy Nexus this morning and so far I am loving the phone but I am noticing with the screen that when it has some "irregularities" if you want to put it that way. It seems when the screen is dimmed (using auto-brightness currently) the screen gets a little blurry and looks almost pixelated with lines on the screen. Becomes less noticeable when the brightness gets higher.

I read on XDA that it is due to the Pentil display technology but I just wanted to make sure that this was correct because otherwise I would try to get it replaced.
    12-15-2011 01:55 PM
    I got my Galaxy Nexus this morning and so far I am loving the phone but I am noticing with the screen that when it has some "irregularities" if you want to put it that way. It seems when the screen is dimmed (using auto-brightness currently) the screen gets a little blurry and looks almost pixelated with lines on the screen. Becomes less noticeable when the brightness gets higher.

I read on XDA that it is due to the Pentil display technology but I just wanted to make sure that this was correct because otherwise I would try to get it replaced.
    Yeah, it's the technology. I only see it on really light colors and whites so it doesn't bother me too much.
    PsYcHoNeWb likes this.
    12-15-2011 01:57 PM
    Yeah, it's the technology. I only see it on really light colors and whites so it doesn't bother me too much.
    Yea same for me, I only noticed it when I was on the SMS screen and on the web browser. Just wanted to make sure that my phone wasn't defective. Thanks!
    12-15-2011 02:01 PM
    Yeah it looks great when the brightness is up, but pretty poor when it is dimmed.
    12-15-2011 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD