Bug Tracker & Solution Finder

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is me and/or something I've inadvertently done, but my browser shortcut down in the dock area on the home screens has just disappeared a couple of times now. I accidentally dropped a different app shortcut that I was making on top of it yesterday which created a folder, so not thinking I grabbed the whole folder and drug it up to "remove", which obviously removed both apps from that dock location. I put the browser shortcut back, but since then it's just randomly disappeared a couple of times now (at least I can't think of anything I would have done...). Just shows an empty spot on the right side of that dock area on the home screens.

Anyone else had this happen by chance??

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Just restating a problem some folks have with the LED light here - very inconsistent. Was working fine yesterday, but now doesn't work at all except for phone calls. Not quite sure how to get it working...

jd00510

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
No bluetooth love for me. Still having issues with the G-Nex sending the correct phonebook entries to my in-car BT (Nissan). It works for voice send/receive calls, and it sends only a few (but not most!) of my contacts to the car, which prohibits using it for voice dialing, etc.

Anyone have a workaround?

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I have this exact annoying issue, the xfer just locks up.

File transfer thru MTP (or PTP) does not work well for me, either. When I tried to transfer a bulk of files (mostly MP3s and MP4s), they started transferring, and then it just stopped showing an error message. Is there anyone who's suffering the same issue as mine?

I've seen a few other people with the same issue on other forums, and they all seem to be using Win 7 64bit. Could this be the compatibility of Win 7 64bit?

Reactions: J T M

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
No bluetooth love for me. Still having issues with the G-Nex sending the correct phonebook entries to my in-car BT (Nissan). It works for voice send/receive calls, and it sends only a few (but not most!) of my contacts to the car, which prohibits using it for voice dialing, etc.

Anyone have a workaround?

I remember seeing a post from a guy saying that, you need to pair from your car audio, not from you phone, to make it work. I haven't done it myself. But, it wouldn't hurt to try.

jlongjr27

May 30, 2011
Visit site
everytime i open the browser a new tab is opening. Also when i go back in the browser the page reloads.

So how do you submit a bug to google? Shouldnt there be directions in the first post in this therad? What good does talking about it here do? Especially if there is no workaround.

Reactions: blue duck butter

MMcCraryNJ

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice the speaker sounds like it turns off after every sound? Try this: test a notification or hit the volume rocker on your phone, then right after the sound, listen to the speaker on the back, you'll hear a hiss and then it stops.

Anybody else seeing this???

Also getting this, except mine very audibly "pops" after every notification from the rear speaker.

Anyone else seeing this? My device is perfect aside from this issue, and it would suck if I would have to take it back for something stupid like this if its hardware related.

zulu308

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I can't get my notification light to come on at all, either. I also have that setting checked. Not sure what's going on. I'd rather not have to install Light Flow.

For me to get the notification light, your phone has to be in sleep mode, where your screen is completely black. when you get an email, it will blink white. However, if you are actively using your phone, you won't get the notification led.

garaxiel

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this qualifies as a "bug". This is probably intentional.

Brandon

Agreed. However still frustrating as i said before, on my old phone, i attempted to "Add contacts" to my GMAIL, because after linking Facebook new info popped up and i did not want to rely on Facebook for the additional info (should something like this ever happen) and Gmail did not take the additional information (or in some cases any at all) so it's like it almost said "hey,. it's in Facebook, Facebook is linked, we don;t need to copy it"

More of a frustration then anything because now i have to go hunt for phone numbers i had before.

frederick001

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My phone doesn't vibrate for any incoming email, message, notification, etc (it does vibrate for phone calls). I have it set to vibrate always in settings and in the settings for the individual program (gmail, email, messaging, etc) it is set to vibrate always as well.

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I've also noticed one of my dock icons disappearing, but this has only happened to me once. The big issue I'm having is that my Nexus won't download anything from the market. This may or may not have something to do with me rooting and unlocking the bootloader. But if I use the web market it will push to my phone no problem, but if I try to use the market app, it says "XXX was unable to download due to an error." Also, not sure if this has anything to do with this, but on the web market I noticed I have 2 nexus devices showing, one says "Samsung Galaxy Nexus" the other says "VERIZON Galaxy Nexus." The push downloads only work when I use Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Been driving me crazy. I've cleared cache and data for market app, and have done factory resets. Still nothing.

MedioGringo

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm just stupid, but I can't seem to make music available offline in the Music app. I tap on the option, it brings up the menu telling me to pin stuff, but I don't get any pin icons next to songs or playlists. I always used the Sense music app before, so maybe I'm just not doing it right, but I don't think so.

To answer other questions:

Light Flow is the app that allows you to change the notification light. I have it and it's awesome.

ICS doesn't support Facebook sync. Apparently Facebook refused to adhere to Google's requirements so they stop supporting contact sync. There are 3rd party apps that do an ok job of this. Also, high res photos work only with synced Google+ contacts.

Reactions: highvolts

Gridiron61

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
When I receive picture messages, a little box that says "Download" comes up. When I click it, nothing happens. It says "Downloading..." then goes back to "Download" with no picture actually being downloaded. In short, I can't see pictures friends send me in picture messages.

They do seem to get through when I switch mobile data on... but that shouldn't be the issue.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Terminal Led differences. On low brightness settings, with white on the screen, such as this forum, perfect parralel lines display different shades of white. It kinda sucks, is this happening on other phines? Do i have a deffective phone?

Turns out I did have a defective phone! My second nexus has a perfect screen. Whew! Now I love my phone...

Reactions: ebrown126

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge