Bug Tracker & Solution Finder

utahg8r

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, every time i talk to someone with my headphones (Sony with inline controls, not bluetooth) in they get horrible feedback, it's their voice coming back to them. I like to use the headphones while driving, but it's impossible because it's so distracting to them on the other end.

Certifried

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Its been happening on mine since day one. I've been trying to pin point it and i fell like it happens when you are on the finge between 3g and 4g. I have also had issues when switching from wifi to 3g. It seems like the phone or Vz network does a horrendous job trying to switch radios or authenticating. Does anyone know what the real problem is? phone hardware? network ?

I have this issue almost every day. There have been times when I've had to reboot to get it working again (no, the airplane mode didn't work).

I'm new to posting here, so hope it's OK to post this link:
This Is Why Your Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Or Other 4G LTE VZW Phone) Is Losing Its Data Connection

This seems to answer the issue. I haven't seen any news of a fix.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have seen posted that people with this problem have been asked to come to a Vzn store and return/replace their SIM card. This is the first Vzn phone I've had that includes a SIM card. All my Tmob Blackerrys had a SIM.

xdalta

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
My Galaxy Nexus does not vibrate, not even when you turn on or off. Hardware will be damaged? Can it be repaired? I did a hard reset, remains the same. GSM is a Galaxy Nexus International Version. ICS 4.0.1 :'(
HELP PLEASE.

LiveFaith

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone seeing this camera bug:

- When trying to launch camera, camera doesn't start, and get error message "Cannot connect to Camera". Have power cycle to get camera back.

Yes. VZW GN does this whenever I let the phone power off. Requires reboot. I have no solution yet. Still searching.

Edit: googled the error and found where some were saying another app may be conflicting. My app "flashlight" accesses the flash. I removed the app and shazaam camera works flawlessly. That must have been what was hanging onto the camera causing the error. Good for now. I'll check back if it recurs.

Last edited:

scubamike

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
After several charge cycles my battery now lasts a full 12 hours+ with moderate use. My MAJOR complaint that will be the deal breaker for me is that my phone occasionally freezes then reboots when I make or receive calls. It's like it freezes when trying to bring up the phone app. Sometimes the ring tone loops after I slide to answer before it reboots. When I'm sending calls it will sometimes freeze before the talk screen appears. It will even ring a time or two before it reboots. This has been an issue since I first activated it on day one, which was on the 11th of February. Has anyone else encountered this? I would say this happens 25% of the time.

Harvey Wallbanger

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I think I've seen this posted by others, but my custom ringtones don't start at the beginning of the ringtone, they start a couple of seconds in. Any fix for this annoyance (other than re-doing all my custom ringtones to add a couple of seconds of silence at the beginning?)

imnotajedi

May 24, 2011
Visit site
1: can't seem to get Facebook Contact info to sync. Not a huge dealbreaker but pictures and ancillary info was nice to have.

I not sure if anyone mentioned this as a temporary workaround until FB app is updated. I have Friendcaster installed as well as Facebook app. Friendcaster will sync to contacts. I just turn all notifications off on Friendcaster as i like to use the Facebook app. I have not noticed any problems, yet.

jpinsl

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Gmail is unable to handle standard Meeting Requests sent from non-Google Calendars.

Problem: When someone sends a meeting request from Outlook/Lotus Notes/iCal or other non-Google Calendar to your gmail address, it shows blank or as a simple text on the Android Gmail App.

See Issues List here. - Please "star" these issues, some of which are years old.

Web-based Gmail correctly shows the calendar invite and shows buttons to respond Yes, No, or Maybe. On the Android, there is no ability to respond, without going into the calendar to find the specific entry. The problem with that design is it is nonintuitive, cumbersome, and differs from the way every other email app handles handles standard Internet Calendar Sharing (ICS) meeting requests (calendar invitations) sent via email. If the email arrives blank, there's no way to tell where on the calendar the meeting request might have been inserted.

There are several workaround apps in the Market to accept ICS Meeting Requests but they don't work with Ice Cream Sandwich.

This is a real problem for anyone who interacts with people used to sending meeting requests and receiving a response.

Last edited:

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Anyone use iGoogle? The mobile version of the site suddenly doesn't work for me anymore (none of my news "widgets" show up). It used to work... When I change it to classic (desktop), they show up.

bwaldron

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone use iGoogle? The mobile version of the site suddenly doesn't work for me anymore (none of my news "widgets" show up). It used to work... When I change it to classic (desktop), they show up.

Yes, same here on both of my devices. Had figured it to be a temporary glitch that they'd fix, but it has been a week or so now.

UPDATE: I fixed the "blank" iGoogle mobile problem by simply signing out of my Google account on my device, then signing back in.

Last edited:

ushmel

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been having this weird problem lately where the notification "Headphones disconnected." will pop up every 5-10 seconds for a few minutes and then seemingly disappear for a couple of hours. I tried a factory restore and did not install any apps and I still got the notification. I hope this isn't the same problem I had with my Palm Pre, that was a pain. :'(

mkurz12

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Not unlocked or Rooted

Thankfully not having many of the bugs listed through out this post but do have a couple...

1. Brightness constantly goes back to Auto setting after taking the device off then charger or closing out of random apps whether it be the browser, SMS, Facebook, Twitter etc. Doesn't matter if the battery is at 100%, 50% or 3%. Constantly have to go in and take it off Auto brightness. Forget to add that when I turn off wifi it also switches back to Auto Brightness.

2. Voice to Text - When it gets what I say wrong and I delete it (either hitting the delete button that appears after it populates or using the keyboard delete button) and then continue it repopulates the field with what I had just deleted.
Also there are times when it isn't even close to what I am saying.

Those are all I have really. Guess I should be thankful based on what I read through out this post. All though it is possible I am simply not noticing some of them like inconsistent led flashing for messages.

Oddly enough the first few days I had the device I had more bugs but they have all stopped aside from the 2 above. It was suggested by a friend that it may have been due to an unconditioned battery. I am thinking they may have been correct as all the other bugs went away after about 3 days.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else having trouble downloading updates today..? The Download bar just keeps scrolling, can't even connect to show progress, already reset cache in Play App... trying to update Earth & Beautiful Widgets.. totally stock and locked...

isis8266

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
After changing my text notification in the SMS settings it plays the notification I changed it to, and then play another notification sound directly after. Even if I change my default notification in settings, or the SMS notification to silent, it still plays this other notification sound. Help?

spiff72

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
After changing my text notification in the SMS settings it plays the notification I changed it to, and then play another notification sound directly after. Even if I change my default notification in settings, or the SMS notification to silent, it still plays this other notification sound. Help?

You probably have multiple SMS applications installed. If you have an app like Handcent or Chomp installed, you need to turn off notifications within the settings of the app (or apps) that you don't wish to use. This includes the built in messaging app.

Reactions: wiggums66

sunspotzsz

May 24, 2012
Visit site
The number i key in is always wrong, any solutions?
For example, if I call credit card company and they ask me to key in the credit card number, it is always wrong. Also when I call someone and dial his extension, it is always wrong as well.
Number is correct when I dial the phone number though.
any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084