Transfering old pictures

jdmaxima89

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok, got my Galaxy Nexus this morning. I want to keep all of the old pictures that I took with my droid x, and other pictures that I had on previous phones also. On my X, these folders were in another folder, called "Folders". When i transfered them to this phone though, it made an album for each folder, and shows them all when I go to gallery. Any way to stop this? I really just want to see two things when I open the gallery app, a folder for pictures that I have taken with THIS phone... and a folder with all my old pics. Thanks!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You need to use/create a folder named Pictures. Camera shots taken from the phone will be stored in a folder called DCIM.

Try using Astro File Manager from the market to view the SD Card files or access them from your computer.

You should have folders for media named:
Alarms
DCIM
Download
Movies
Music
Notifications
Podcasts
Pictures
Ringtones

Drop and drag your old files to the correct folders on the new phone.

wheezy

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Astro is a good app. I have been using it for over a year now. I was surprised when I first started using droid that they didnt have something native for that. Got too cozy using a windows phone.

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, every time I try to transfer pictures or songs to GN via usb cable it freezes. Anybody know any other way to transfer files?

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I bit the bullet and paid for extra storage space so I could upload all my previous phone pics to Picasa. I recommend it. No storage space being taken up and the pictures will sync with the gallery app.

BUYSELLFIL

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue. It seems that 2 or 3 pictures transfer and then Windows 7 locks up. Verizon told me to try transferring 10 pictures at a time but that also didn't work.

Any suggestions?

BUYSELLFIL

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of an app that is available without rooting the phone that would allow you to view pictures in the same way as on the Droid X? I liked how it was one big scrool that showed the MONTH and YEAR the pictures were taken as I moved through my gallery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair