Browser Autozoom issue

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I've run into what is to me a major issue. I am coming from a DX. When browsing just about any website under the sun is would simply double tap on the screen and presto, the site was auto zoomed so that I could easily see the text and not have to scroll side to side to read the text (like you have to do with an iPhone).

Is there a setting I am missing here or is this something I am expected to deal with? I am hoping that it is the former and not the latter. If it is a case of the latter then I hate to say it, but it will be a deal breaker for me and I will be returning this phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

newdroidnewb

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the same things when I stopped in VZW store at lunch today to play with what I thought was gonna be my new phone. I'm glad you brought this up and I hope someone has an answer.

I briefly read various things about how ICS' browser uses "tiles" or doesn't use "tiles". I don't remember nor fully understand what I was reading (was in VZW store at the time being harassed so I'll blame that on my lack of reading comprehension), but the bottom line was that ICS' browser is different than previous versions making it faster without the typical Android lag. From what I could gather though, this also means that it does not word wrap (for lack of a better term) like all previous Android browsers. This may all be untrue so please don't take this as fact, just hoping someone more knowledgeable can clarify things.

I sure hope this isn't true, because even with a screen that big, not having "wordwrap" may be a deal breaker. I left the store today 300 less SkyMiles and 1 less GN than I intended to. VZW mistakenly placed the Rezound adjacent to the GN so I could compare. While the GN screen is gorgeous and I like the fact that it's a Nexus (yes it's a damn Nexus, get over it people who can't get GN for whatever reason), I somehow keep going back to the Rezound.

Oh well that's a topic for a different thread. Back to topic on hand. Anyone know anything about this browser thing?

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Double tap to zoom works great for me. I was exploring the phone earlier today and I remember seeing a list of settings for the zooming feature. Maybe that's where your problem lies.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I was somewhat disappointed to see that I was unable to zoom in on a few sites I use daily. Think I'll continue to use my current Android phone until a fix of some sort is released.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Double tap to zoom works great for me. I was exploring the phone earlier today and I remember seeing a list of settings for the zooming feature. Maybe that's where your problem lies.
I played with those setting to no avail. Did you try that link from your phone? If you did and everything worked out fine, can you please share your settings? If this isnt fixed ASAP this phone is probably gonna have to go back for this reason and the speaker issue.

jhtheking

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I played with those setting to no avail. Did you try that link from your phone? If you did and everything worked out fine, can you please share your settings? If this isnt fixed ASAP this phone is probably gonna have to go back for this reason and the speaker issue.

Youre checking the settings of the browser right? That web page is fine for me. When the page loads the text is already perfectly wrapped for an auto zoom if I choose to double-tap.

In the "Advanced" tab under settings Default Zoom is medium and every check box is checked except for Open in background.

In the "Accessibility" tab under settings Text scaling and Zoom on double-tap are both 100%. Everything in that tab is unchecked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781