LED Notification Light not always working

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Seems to only working sometimes....other times I'll get gmail/messages and won't know until I unlock my phone. Anyone getting this/know of a fix?

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I just got around to checking out the LED notification feature. I did download Light Flow Lite, to see if it actually changes the color of the LED.

It's gonna take me a few days to play with all of the features. However, if I find that Light Flow works I'll report back (if that helps).

Edit: HA, that didn't take long! Just got a text while the phone was inactive, and have a rather cool little fading green led letting me know. Very cool! So, yes, Light Flow definitely works as advertised!

Reactions: Laramie

rsantos97

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Mine didn't seem to be working when I first got the phone about two hours ago but I just tried it and it worked. The only thing is that it only flashed on like three or four times then it stopped. So it almost seems worthless.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I can't get mine to turn off, once I put the battery in the light goes on red. Its been like this from the minute I picked it up. Tried doing a reset and turning on and off but nothing works. Looks like a trip to Verizon in the morning. Wondering if there might be a hardware issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I can't get mine to turn off, once I put the battery in the light goes on red. Its been like this from the minute I picked it up. Tried doing a reset and turning on and off but nothing works. Looks like a trip to Verizon in the morning. Wondering if there might be a hardware issue.

That definitely doesn't sound normal. It could be that you have a bad battery (it happens). Trip to Verizon is definitely in order, for sure.

UserError

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded this App called 'Light Flow'.

It works amazing, and it can let me set the speed of flashing, and the LED colors!!!!

I highly recommend it (unless there's something wrong with it that I am not aware of).

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

It works amazing, and it can let me set the speed of flashing, and the LED colors!!!!

I highly recommend it (unless there's something wrong with it that I am not aware of).

Works fine for me (I also mentioned this app earlier in the thread). Very cool program. I downloaded the Lite version, so if it ends up being stable I will purchase the full version, most definitely!

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

I just want to get it working consistently and normally without third party software. Since its not an isolated issue, I'm guessing I should wait out a fix? Anyone going to exchange/make a VZW visit over this?

UserError

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I just want to get it working consistently and normally without third party software. Since its not an isolated issue, I'm guessing I should wait out a fix? Anyone going to exchange/make a VZW visit over this?

They were working for me earlier -- the light was just blinking wayyyy too slow for my liking. I have it just the way I like it with the third party app. However, I'm not against using third party apps -- I used "Blink" (an app similar to this one) on my OG Droid for 2 years, without any issues.

UserError

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Works fine for me (I also mentioned this app earlier in the thread). Very cool program. I downloaded the Lite version, so if it ends up being stable I will purchase the full version, most definitely!

Most definitely -- I will give it 2 or 3 weeks, then just buy it outright.

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm just curious, since Samsung doesn't typically have LEDs, what is 'normal' behavior. obviously I know what to expect from my incredible, but maybe it was made this way on purpose (meaning it only blinks for a short while for some weird reason)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm just curious, since Samsung doesn't typically have LEDs, what is 'normal' behavior. obviously I know what to expect from my incredible, but maybe it was made this way on purpose (meaning it only blinks for a short while for some weird reason)

That is a good point. I just wish they would have gave more options to customize it.

companyman

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This sounds like the same issues the Galaxy ll has. I had to use light flow to get the leds to function and not blink so slowly. Sounds like this is typical samsung. Thats my guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol