how do i put music on the nexus?

nybaseball21

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
i like to put music on my phone i just use itunes to transfer my music to my android devices in the past no problem but now on the nexus i cant. i have to store on a sd card then into the nexus

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
i like to put music on my phone i just use itunes to transfer my music to my android devices in the past no problem but now on the nexus i cant. i have to store on a sd card then into the nexus

No. You can still drag and drop directly to the internal memory as you could before. Just plug it in to your comp

nybaseball21

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
i do i double click the internal memory i went to drag over the song and it wont let me.when i use my sd card adatpter to transfer over the songs i could

mikewelch5

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't have itunes on this laptop yet, but I just dragged an mp3 file from a folder on the nexus and it worked, try that if you can.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Same question here, but for a Mac laptop. I just plugged in my GNex and it doesn't even come up on the laptop as an external device. ARgh. Phone IS charging though. So clearly it's getting power from the Mac. Gonna try reboot...

Never mind: android.com/filetransfer has the software you need to connect the phone with a Mac! Now I can see the phone and can drag music right into the music folder. :)

Merc25

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Try just going to your itunes folder in windows explorer and drag and drop from there onto the nexus. Or give Google Music a shot...it works great

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, people. Google Music is the easiest way. If you're worried about not having music when you don't have a strong signal, then you can always pin a lot of it to be available when you're offline. That way, your music is synced to Google Music so you can listen through any browser wherever you are, and it will also be available for streaming through your device or cached locally on your device.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
OK, so say hypothetically that I am on a cruise ship floating in the middle of the deep blue sea next week. I can actually pick songs on Google music and it will download them on the phone and keep them there, so my total and utter lack of cel phone signal next week would not be a problem???

If that's the case, I am game for trying it. I already uploaded my entire library to G music (took 3 days) in the summer, but never did like the beta interface so I have not used it yet...

Katherine

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes. You just have to mark each album or song or playlist (pretty sure it works for playlists, anyway) to be available offline.

wootang00

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, people. Google Music is the easiest way. If you're worried about not having music when you don't have a strong signal, then you can always pin a lot of it to be available when you're offline. That way, your music is synced to Google Music so you can listen through any browser wherever you are, and it will also be available for streaming through your device or cached locally on your device.

how do you get playlists in the form of m3u files on here?

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
OMG people actually use itunes without ipods?????? iTunes is the biggest piece of garbage app on Windows since AOL. Learn to use Windows Explorer. If youre still that helpless, install Winamp and use it for syncing. iTunes is TERRIBLE.

Google Music is fine for streaming and all, but if you want a REAL audio experience you need to use Power AMP or GTFO. nothing on any phone, including iPhone, compares to Power AMP. I've tried them all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool