Hello!

I'm new to OS, defecting from a long time relationship with BB. I just got my Nexus yesterday, as most of you others. I love the phone, but have struggled with a few things.

One is the vibrate alerts. Is there a native method of customizing the length and pattern of the vibrate alert? My Nexus, when using vibrate...my notifications from gmail, sms, etc are very short. If I set the vibrate frequency in settings>sound>vibrate to "long" in either frequency number, each vibrate cycle is a very short duration.

Coming off my Blackberry, I'm used to having vibrate bursts that are 1.5-2 seconds long.

Sorry if this is a relatively mundane question, but I spent a good chunk of the late evening trying to find a solution, did some forum searching, and came up empty. I've tested in silent mode, combination mode, short-medium-and long vibrate settings, etc. Each time I test the the ringtone/vibrate, it's still short. I got two Nexus units...one for me and my wife. I tested the same on hers to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue with mine. Same deal.

I did download Lightflow from the market and it seemed to allow me to customize (in milliseconds) a vibration profile that should do the trick, but I prefer to see if there's a native method. For all I know, this is how it is in all android devices...again, I'm new to the game.

Please advise. I appreciate the help.
    12-16-2011 06:51 AM
    Not natively, no
    12-17-2011 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD