smartkeyboard pro and possible other keyboards

guruffl

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I installed smartkeyboard pro as its my favorite keyboard. Two issue... the word prediction is not functioning and secondly I keep getting a keyboard choice option in the notification bar. Anyone else experiencing one or both of these problems?

diprip

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
i get the keyboard choice option in the bar with swiftkey. It is annoying as hell. Wish i could figure out how to remove it for good.

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I use SwiftKey X and I get the keyboard notification but it is only when typing it goes away after. I used the stock keyboard for about 2 hours and hated it. I missed the awesome word prediction.
I like that the notification pops up. With SwiftKey there was never an option for voice typing unlike on the stock keyboard, with the notification you can choose voice with little effort.

Edit-I guess there is an option for the voice, I apparently have overlooked it for the past 6 months. I don't use it but having the option is nice.

Last edited:

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Thumb Keyboard ftw! Best I've used with sick themes. I'm using the 5" layout and have no lag and increased typing speed.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I have used the voice input with Swiftkey for a long time, there is a button for it on the keyboard. My problem is that this button does not bring up the new and improved voice recognition with the "continuous" input, it still uses the old method of waiting until you pause, then giving you three choices. You have to go up to that notification bar and choose the Google voice input. I hope that Swiftkey will incorporate that trigger the new Google voice entry, and not the old method.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually sticking with the stock keyboard right now. I'm impressed with it. I used to swear by SwiftKey X and Swype, but I haven't felt a need for either of these because the stock keyboard is so much better than it was previously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463