Does the screen bother your eyes?

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me? The screen sort of bothers my eyes almost giving me a headache if I play with it too long. I came from a Sprint EVO 4G which was a very bright but middle of the road screen then I rented the Rezound for a few weeks which has the most amazing screen (as well as takes the best photos/videos I have ever seen) and very pleasant to look at for extended periods of time. I now have the Nexus and not only is it a downgrade from the Rezound's screen but as mentioned above it is not that pleasant on the eyes.

Anyone else feel this way even a little?

ac7822

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
not me I was literally on my phone from 1030 when I left the store to 1 am and probably only spent 2 hours doing other things. The screen doesn't bother my eyes at all. The rezound has a great screen but it doesn't have that pop of my gnex screen IMO.

wheezy

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I like it in the day. I had to turn off the brightness when I got up this morning cus it was still dark, but that's been the only time.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me? The screen sort of bothers my eyes almost giving me a headache if I play with it too long. I came from a Sprint EVO 4G which was a very bright but middle of the road screen then I rented the Rezound for a few weeks which has the most amazing screen (as well as takes the best photos/videos I have ever seen) and very pleasant to look at for extended periods of time. I now have the Nexus and not only is it a downgrade from the Rezound's screen but as mentioned above it is not that pleasant on the eyes.

Anyone else feel this way even a little?

My first Nexus that I got last Sunday bothered my eyes. I had a screen defect with poor/slow screen calibration. Had the same issues where it was giving me a headache.

My second one doesn't have the calibration issue and my eyes aren't bothered anymore.

Might want to look into a replacement..

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
My first Nexus that I got last Sunday bothered my eyes. I had a screen defect with poor/slow screen calibration. Had the same issues where it was giving me a headache.

My second one doesn't have the calibration issue and my eyes aren't bothered anymore.

Might want to look into a replacement..

Hmm I don't see anythign wrong with it, were there any specific issues that you saw the screen do other than giving you a headache? Trying to figure out if it is a defect or the style of display just does not agree with me.

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Question when you slide through all the screens on the desktop so to say and you try to go to another do you notice the screen turns that tron blue a little but won't budge though gives the effect like its coming off the screene? See attached screen shot:

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Question when you slide through all the screens on the desktop so to say and you try to go to another do you notice the screen turns that tron blue a little but won't budge though gives the effect like its coming off the screene? See attached screen shot:

Yeah that's by design I believe. Although I can see horizontal lines in your screenshot and unless that is by design with the wallpaper, I don't think mine does that.

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's by design I believe. Although I can see horizontal lines in your screenshot and unless that is by design with the wallpaper, I don't think mine does that.

That was actually done on purpose, I held the screen and dragged it as much as I could to the end and took the screen shot. Here is what it looks like normally, no lines:

This does not show any issues right? I also changed the wallpaper to that dark color, previous was a aqua blue-ish (from the Rezound wallpaper app) and because the blues show up so weird on this phone I think that may have been bothering my eyes.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, it's by design. And the white line at the bottom is normal, too. It's on all the home screens.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's by design. And the white line at the bottom is normal, too. It's on all the home screens.

I know that, I meant the lines in the wallpaper. At first it looked like there were lines through the screen, however they don't show up on the icons so I figured it must me the wallpaper design.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I don't see anythign wrong with it, were there any specific issues that you saw the screen do other than giving you a headache? Trying to figure out if it is a defect or the style of display just does not agree with me.

It was only really noticeable on lower screen brightness and on white backgrounds. So dim the screen and check out googles main page. I saw 4 or 5 thick shadowed lines going from top to bottom of the screen.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I've seemed to realize that the screen only bothers me in office type lighting (i.e. halogen and fluorescent). When I'm at home it doesn't bother me at all.

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
For those who are coming from other models with IPS (LCD) display, it will probably be bothering your eyes for a bit, just like me. I am getting used to it now, though. It's the nature of AMOLED. I would say, "Give it a time to get familiar with yourself."

Line issue with lower brightness on white background have been reported by some users (GSM GN model users) previously. I believe it is also a possible defect which could happen to some AMOLED displays. If you see these lines with the test setting and they bother you, you might want to go back to the VZW store and get a replacement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair