Volume+ (Full Version)

HWill

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I played with this today, the volume actually got lower if I tryed anything over 8+.
It slightly helped but I think it is a combonation of low volume ringtones/sounds and a slight software issue.

damstr

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah this phone is stupid quiet... I installed this app and its better but really...I have to install an app just so I can hear my phone???

jheredia

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
so i bought the GNex today from vzw corporate (apparently their second shipment - they sold out on thurs) and my volume (speaker, ring etc) is quite good

almost comparable to OG Droid volumes without this app

jumpo64

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I may try this app. I generally can't hear my notifications unless the room is very quiet. However, I wouln't be surprised if Google addressed this in a future build of ICS.

Juststef

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
First time, I wasn't impressed either. Until, I realized I had the wrong app. The exact search term is " Volume+ (Sound Boost) ". You can copy & paste that into the android market search field minus the quotation marks. The free version doesn't have sound boost in it's title and the volume level won't go up high enough. In preferences in the app, you need to be able to select somewhere between 8-10. Too low, nothing and too high doesn't work either.

Very important, when you download the app for the first time, there is quick one time visual tutorial. Do everything exactly what it says to do, if not, won't work. If you can take screen shots of the directions, your better off. After the one time, you would have to un—install and than re—install to see it again. It only comes up right after the initial install.

The only variance is your volume number in the preferences . Test, if it's working, by listening to the preset ring tones in the system settings of the phone.
I was afraid, that I might of had to exchange the phone because the speaker volume was so bad. This app makes a significant difference.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I bought it for $2 from the market to support the developer but it worked flawlessly for me. Actually mine didn't seam as low as I expected at first from everything I was reading but this did help crank it up to the volume levels I had on the ReZound.

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Thankyou OP and a big thankyou to the developer for allowing us access. I might try this as a demo and if it works good by it from the market for support and his gesture.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I havent been able to actually boost the volume for my Nexus. Its still low even though I have turned it up. Netflix is almost not able to be heard.

bingwah

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok I just download and tried it out and it works great, in fact I had to turn it down a couple of times because I had it up to far and it was just too much.
Seem to be a good fix until the real fix comes along.
:cool:

Reactions: thethruth34

cggeek911

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Before installing this app, my speaker volume was extremely low even when turned up. I installed Volume+ and set it to +3 and it's perfect now :)

HWill

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I was playing with this again and wow first time must have been placebo. I couldn't get it to raise to volue at all no matter what settings I choose. I thought it was weird that others are getting good results with low settings.
Are you guys that got this working rooted as I have read that helps with this program working.

When I posted earlier I did get some minor result for the music player, but not now.

My sounds are still low but acceptable. I would like them louder, but I would prefer other sounds then the stock ones.

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've got volume level set to +5 and bass enhance set to +3 and the sound is noticeably louder and sharper. Definitely a good app to have, and well worth the price of free.

Edit: Leaving the ringer volume set to max, playing some of the ringtones had a static-y distortion to them - turning it down from max helped that.

ac7822

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Great App Im loving it so far

Is the Bass Enhance setting working for you guys?? Mine doesnt seem to be makin a difference at all I go from 0 to 8 and nothing that I can tell. Anybody else notice this??
My EQ setting is Good Quality.

Kunji

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
no one is concerned in the market the developer explicitly says that this app will only work on gingerbread and NOT any other?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey