Volume+ (Full Version)

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
This app just doesn't work for me. I've tried every setting I've seen on this thread. I don't hear any increase in volume.

CFD323

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Here is the screenshot from my Galaxy Nexus for the ones I 'ticked' (I have the full version of the app). Click on 'Volume Level' to set the level in pop-up.
I tried '+4', as I wasn't sure if going up will damage the speaker or something. It is not loud or anything at '+4', but better than stock.
I only tried the settings for the Speaker, I found the Bluetooth volume good enough and I don't use the headset much.
From the descriptions in some screens of the 'full version' application, it seems like if the phone is 'rooted', it might work better. Mine is 'stock' and I am not planning to root it at this moment.
I hope this helps.

Underneath the 2nd box you checked, did you increase all those settings as well? When I checked the 2nd box, the volume actually went down. I didn't change any of the settings below that second box though.

Ace4

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have mine at +3 and the phone ringing is quite loud, it actually startled me last night when it rang. I was on the other side of the house and was amazed how loud it was, even my Droid X wasn't that loud.

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I noticed if I clicked both speaker modifications that it was quieter, I unclicked the one above the the equalizer (full version) and it became louder. Maybe that will help with some of you? I also left the equalizer as is on the "good quality" setting.

rollyfingaz

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded this app and didn't notice any difference. You don't have to be rooted correct? Also does this app work for notification sounds?

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded this app and didn't notice any difference. You don't have to be rooted correct? Also does this app work for notification sounds?

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

Did you enable speaker modifications in the volume+ app? One thing I did and didn't realize it was disabled the app. In the sound settings menu in the phone settings area you can select either musicFX or volume plus in the music effects menu. The phone doesn't need to be rooted, mine is completely stock and I can hear a difference in levels as I play with the app settings.

Reactions: pwninobrlan

beck79

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I noticed if I clicked both speaker modifications that it was quieter, I unclicked the one above the the equalizer (full version) and it became louder...
This is true. The instructions tells to tick both, maybe that is for rooted phones only.
Now i have only the first one ticked.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Well Im glad it is working out for you guys, because honestly Im not seeing one bit of benefit other than to use my own custom ringtones and notifications.

B

budmonster

I downloaded volume + but i have no idea how to use it. Can it be used to make notifications and ringtones louder or is just for speaker phone? If so could someone please explain? Im missing a ton of texts, calls, etc. Oh and can this eventually be fixed with an update from google or vzw or is this a hardware limitation?

almost forget, anyway to make the vibration stronger? cant really feel it.

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded volume + but i have no idea how to use it. Can it be used to make notifications and ringtones louder or is just for speaker phone? If so could someone please explain? Im missing a ton of texts, calls, etc. Oh and can this eventually be fixed with an update from google or vzw or is this a hardware limitation?

almost forget, anyway to make the vibration stronger? cant really feel it.

After it is installed open the app, go into speaker settings, enable the speaker modifications (check the box), and then go to the volume level on the same page. In there you can set the volume boost level you want. It will boost the volume for the speaker to make ringtones and notifications louder, and I would assume the speakerphone also. Also, I found making your own ringtones comes out noticeably louder than the stock ringtones.

I don't know about the other two. It may be a software fix in the future, but I guess that will be known whenever it gets released.

B

budmonster

After it is installed open the app, go into speaker settings, enable the speaker modifications (check the box), and then go to the volume level on the same page. In there you can set the volume boost level you want. It will boost the volume for the speaker to make ringtones and notifications louder, and I would assume the speakerphone also. Also, I found making your own ringtones comes out noticeably louder than the stock ringtones.

I don't know about the other two. It may be a software fix in the future, but I guess that will be known whenever it gets released.

Thanks for the reply. Do you have to restart your phone for it to take effect? There is check box for "speaker modifications" and one for "advanced speaker modifications", I checked the first one, opened "volume level/max volume level" under "basic settings" and selected "7". Maybe it's just me but I cant tell any difference? I'll turn it down to 2, go back into phone settings and play a ringtone or notification. Then I'll go back into Volume+ and put it on 7 again, it doesn't get any louder, strange. Should anything in "eq settings" or "bass enhance" be touched? Maybe it is louder, I don't really remember how low it was before, my mind is going blank. If I uninstall it, does that remove any changes that have/would've been made? I'll reinstall again to make sure if it's working or not.

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Do you have to restart your phone for it to take effect? There is check box for "speaker modifications" and one for "advanced speaker modifications", I checked the first one, opened "volume level/max volume level" under "basic settings" and selected "7". Maybe it's just me but I cant tell any difference? I'll turn it down to 2, go back into phone settings and play a ringtone or notification. Then I'll go back into Volume+ and put it on 7 again, it doesn't get any louder, strange. Should anything in "eq settings" or "bass enhance" be touched? Maybe it is louder, I don't really remember how low it was before, my mind is going blank. If I uninstall it, does that remove any changes that have/would've been made? I'll reinstall again to make sure if it's working or not.

You shouldn't need to restart the phone after setting up the app. The advance setting with the EQ doesn't need to be checked. I left my EQ settings on "good quality" and the volume level I only needed to go to +2. Go into the normal phone settings menu, then sound, and select music effects to make sure Volume+ is selected in that menu. If you uninstall it, it will remove all the settings you made and go back to the default phone levels.

defdc

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
If it's not working for you, here's what helped me. I didn't notice I still had my bluetooth headset attached. The volume rocker would still beep, but I think it's set by default to be muffled. Turn off your bluetooth, if it's on. I was plugged into power, and I disconnected. (I doubt the power made a difference...)

I had the free version installed. I cleared data, uninstalled, and downloaded the apk from the website.

Installed the app. Within the app, I had speaker modifications checked and and left EQ settings at "Good quality". I bumped the volume up one tick at a time in "Volume Level". I started to notice a difference now with the volume beeps. I tried playing music through the speaker, but didn't notice a change.

Went into Android's "Sounds" control panel and went to "Music Effects". Changed from MusicFX to "Volume+". Now my speaker seems to be louder across the board.

Good luck!

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
No options would work for me until I factory resettled everything. I tried everything to get it to work the first time. Now I am good to go and loving the new boost in volume. A pita resetting my phone but well worth it.

iowabowtech

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Finally figured out the trick. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to work by selecting my volume of choice (ended up liking +7). What I had to do was make my selection then press volume up several times. This seemed to commit the modifications. I've failed on tons of attempts until doing this. I'm rooted and on a custom rom and was beginning to think there were compatibility issues. Not the case, just needed a little persuasion. Also, I did not need to use the lower check box/EQ option when going this route.

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Here is the screenshot from my Galaxy Nexus for the ones I 'ticked' (I have the full version of the app). Click on 'Volume Level' to set the level in pop-up.
I tried '+4', as I wasn't sure if going up will damage the speaker or something. It is not loud or anything at '+4', but better than stock.
I only tried the settings for the Speaker, I found the Bluetooth volume good enough and I don't use the headset much.
From the descriptions in some screens of the 'full version' application, it seems like if the phone is 'rooted', it might work better. Mine is 'stock' and I am not planning to root it at this moment.
I hope this helps.

I have tried this app four or more times without success.:'( My non rooted version, Verizon bought, Android Version 4.0.2 does not have a [Speaker] setting either in the native sound phone settings or the settings of the full version of the app.

Sounds like some of you guys have a different sound settings menu.
my phone Settings/ Sound menu:

Volumes
Vibrate
Silent mode
Phone Ringtone
Default Notification
Dial pad touch tones
Touch sounds
Screen lock sound
Vibrate on touch
Emergency tone.

(that' all I got without any speaker selection in any sub menus)
Thoughts?

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
OK,
I figured out that I was downloading the wrong app. When you search for Volume+ using the market the one that appears to be the right one is "Volume control +" that one does not work. The one in the link in the first post of this thread is different and works. You do get a different control panel with the app which does include a [Speaker Modifications] menu. Cheesh!

Juststef

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
OK,
I figured out that I was downloading the wrong app. When you search for Volume+ using the market the one that appears to be the right one is "Volume control +" that one does not work. The one in the link in the first post of this thread is different and works. You do get a different control panel with the app which does include a [Speaker Modifications] menu. Cheesh!

Same thing happened to me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12