[Question] Silly Faces Effect

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Am I understanding this correctly?

Are we only allowed to use the Silly Faces effect on the front facing camera in video mode?

I'm really puzzled as to why we can't use the front or back camera to take pictures while using the Silly Faces effect.

Why are we limited to only using the front facing camera with low quality 480p video to use the silly faces effect?

EDIT: Silly Faces works on both front and rear. my mistake. but i'm still kinda annoyed that we can't take photos using this effect.

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of it being used like "Photobooth" (apple) where you can take photos?

I'm relegated to taking screen shots with my g-nex.

a minor thing but kind of annoying to me. cuz when I was using the silly faces effect and having to take a video, everyone i tried it on was like "why are you taking a video?..." (instead of taking pictures)

Last edited:

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Am I understanding this correctly?

Are we only allowed to use the Silly Faces effect on the front facing camera in video mode?

I'm really puzzled as to why we can't use the front or back camera to take pictures while using the Silly Faces effect.

Why are we limited to only using the front facing camera with low quality 480p video to use the silly faces effect?

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of it being used like "Photobooth" (apple) where you can take photos?

I'm relegated to taking screen shots with my g-nex.

a minor thing but kind of annoying to me. cuz when I was using the silly faces effect and having to take a video, everyone i tried it on was like "why are you taking a video?..." (instead of taking pictures)

I can do it on the rear camera on 720p... did you update the phone to 4.0.2?

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh that's why I couldn't figure out how to use it. I haven't tried video out yet and I was looking for the setting for still pictures. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca