Hot as hell!!

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, just booted up my Nexus and love it, but im charging it as I load everything up and it is one hot (literally) piece of equipment!!!!!! I made a call and my ear felt like it was burning. Even the screeen is hot to the touch. Anyone experiencing this? It's like a plasma TV. Everything else is great

dimsdale

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I've used it fairly intensively and never felt it all that hot. Is phone in a case or not?
I had a bonic (2 weeks and returned it) and that phone got much hotter than the Nexus.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't have one, but the one I checked out at one of the local Verizon stores was quite warm to the touch. I wouldn't call it hot, but it concerned me enough not to buy one.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
The only time I noticed it was hot was right after it was activated in the Verizon store and I was leaving, The back of the phone was pretty hot near the top/camera. I think it was because the processor was working very hard due to the fact that all my apps were being downloaded/restored to the phone at once.

Now I don't notice much heat coming from the device.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Years ago I had a Moto Star Tac that would almost blister my cheek when used for more than few minutes at a time. I think that was par for the course with that model. having said that, I played with a Bionic that was pretty darn warm in the store, but even with HEAVY usage, my Bionic never gets very warm. calls, video, you name it, it runs at a decent temp at all times.

gene1138

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine was pretty warm yesterday. Today not at all. Only difference today was I wasn't charging the battery on and off and not transferring 5 gig of music. Plus of course no updating to 4.0.2 and not installing some apps.

shantheman#AC

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The only time I noticed it was hot was right after it was activated in the Verizon store and I was leaving, The back of the phone was pretty hot near the top/camera. I think it was because the processor was working very hard due to the fact that all my apps were being downloaded/restored to the phone at once.

Same here...right when i got it. Running cool and fine now.

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Same for me as well.

scils8

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Picked mine up yesterday was getting very hot now my phone just shut off and wont turn back on it's completely shot looks like i have to return.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Heavy 4G usage warms her up but not hot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yes, it's the radio. Don't worry about it. All of my phones have done this to an extent. Cool as a cucumber on Wi-Fi. Large amounts of data over 3G/4G (especially with a "not so optimal" signal) will create heat.

Edit: not replying to you exclusively, just took your comment as an opportunity to expand upon

*customized tapatalk signature*

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It was right after i activated it as well and had it on the charger. Running cool now. Ill definitely see what happens next. I just got the extended battery and cover for $25 at verizon and will try it again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01