Google voice voicemail not appearing in phone app

xiaosong

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I thought with ICS, if someone leaves you a voicemail with google voice, you were supposed to see it and be able to play it directly from the phone app under phone log.

See here from the announcement: https://plus.google.com/u/0/106349585418310646370/posts/dz9LWFsUSvX

However, I just had someone leave me a voicemail through google voice and it does not appear there. I've looked through the settings but is there something I am missing?

Does this only work if you pay for verizon visual voice mail?

Thanks.

forkball316

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Wondering this myself. Just had someone leave a voicemail and I was only able hear to hear 2 seconds of it. Had to go to my desktop computer to hear it.

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I think the Voice integration was either GSM only or carrier optional. I have my voicemail working on google voice, but I still have to open the GV app, it's not integrated. On my initial setup, it prompted me to set it up manually because it wasn't supported by my carrier. So unless something changes in updates, I don't think we'll see it.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I also thought it would be more integrated. When I tested it, it showed I had a vm then when you click on it the Google voice app opens. It doesn't display like in the presentation. I'm a little disappointed because this is one of the features I was excited about.

That's one of the things that upsets me about this whole launch. There are so many things they could have answered before hand but didn't.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Mines working fine. Notifications etc just like my Inc had. There is already a thread about this that tells you how to get it working.

During setup it tells you the site Maddy to go to for the stuff you need.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Mines working fine. Notifications etc just like my Inc had. There is already a thread about this that tells you how to get it working.

During setup it tells you the site Maddy to go to for the stuff you need.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

So you got Visual voicemail working with Google voice? I'm not talking about the Google voice app but, it showing up like in the presentation in Hong kong. I can't find the thread your talking about.

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I think google voice works differently on verizon. I didn't expect it to be as a core app for us but just the google voice app as regular. I actually like using the google voice app with texts,voicemails, missed calls, all on one screen.

DBVille

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Uhhh....fellas. When you first started GV, it told you it could not automatically set it up on Verizon. In that notification box, it said "click here to manually set it up" and that link should have manually taken you to a page showing how to set it up.

It appears to work fine on mine, but I had GV set up on my OG Droid. You have to direct VZW to send the caller to GV if you don't answer. Basically it is forwarding if no answer, and GV is told that you will do this, so it doesn't ring your phone again, it just takes a message.

Try this link for help.

Replacing Verizon voicemail with GV - Google Voice Help

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have no issue with gv working like it should. It just doesn't work like I thought. I thought it would work as visual voicemail directly on the phone like shown at the presentation. I guess the VVM API is just for if you want to use the carrier's VVM.

Other than that it works flawless for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles