Returning my Galaxy Nexus.

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
What is your deal? Why do you keep saying this? For me it IS the GREATEST PHONE EVER!!! There are going to be complaints regardless. So don't act like it's a horrible phone just because it doesn't say Droid. Also the reason it may seem like there are a lot of complaints is because a TON of people bought the thing. This forum isn't the most active for no reason.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I may be wrong, but I think he's poking at the irony of people complaining about a phone that they were putting up on such a high pedestal; complaining about flaws now that it was released when a lot of people said "release it now, regardless of flaws."

I also find it ironic, but I won't judge. That's why we have choices in the market - not everyone wants the same thing.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
What is your deal? Why do you keep saying this? For me it IS the GREATEST PHONE EVER!!! There are going to be complaints regardless. So don't act like it's a horrible phone just because it doesn't say Droid. Also the reason it may seem like there are a lot of complaints is because a TON of people bought the thing. This forum isn't the most active for no reason.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

He is mad he is rocking an experia play. He has been bashing the phone for awhile now. Yes he is mad:p

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
OP here. Actually they are giving us until mid January.

Also, I am coming from the T-Bolt and have thoroughly enjoyed Sense, so I do know what I'm getting.

I think my breaking point was that it can't keep my signal for Radio.com or Tuneinradio. ANd I'm in huge market with 4G - Phoenix.

Maybe I got really lucky but I'm not having problems at all with my phone. I'm in NJ just outside of Philly and I get 3-4 bars of LTE consistently. My speaker is actually fine. When it's laying flat it sometimes gets muffled but it my hand it loud. My ringtone is definitely loud enough. I have it on Themos, the ice cream truck music (thank you google) and I here it loud and clear. Again maybe I got lucky.

I thought I loved Sense that is until I got my thunderbolt. Skins slow down the UI. While I am a fan of some, they are there to make the Android Experience different from one to the next. That is the beauty of Android, many different flavors for many different people. What I want in a device may not be what you want in a device. I personally want a snappy system and frequent updates and be one with Google.
My Thunderbolt was left to rot, which gave me a bit of resentment toward HTC. That's why I prefer stock over skin.

Anyway good luck and I'm sure you'll be happy with decision.

AZ_Don

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I have to admit that I can sympathize with the OP on this issue as I am a total Android noob and my first day and a half with ICS was pretty frustrating. However, I realize that anything new is going to take some time to get used to and that judging it before I get familiar with it isn't really fair.

For me, spending a few hours with the user manual (the 100+ page .pdf file, not the little booklet that came with the phone) has greatly increased my appreciation for, and enjoyment of, my new Nexus.

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
OP here. Actually they are giving us until mid January.

Also, I am coming from the T-Bolt and have thoroughly enjoyed Sense, so I do know what I'm getting.

I think my breaking point was that it can't keep my signal for Radio.com or Tuneinradio. ANd I'm in huge market with 4G - Phoenix.

I understand, I am in the same boat and thinking of moving to the rezound. I hope it has a better signal strength, but if it doesn't, at least it offers twice the extended battery to counter the drain caused by a low signal level. As far as those complaining "after one day" If he damages the phone beyond being able to return it, he has to keep it. I guess some things you know after a day. My girl friend got one with me the same day and is wanting to return it for a rezound due to battery not lasting as long as our OG moto droid. I'm sure it is the 4G because mine barely used any battery for half a day sitting idle, but again the rezound has a large battery that we will get her upon trading hers in. I plan to hold on to mine and just be really careful not to damage it until I can test it in other area's. I really don't like a phone that will not get through a full day of use. Other than signal, sound, battery, and not being able to transfer my files easily, I love the ICS experience. Maybe when rezound gets ICS it will be the best phone "for me". I don't plan to do a lot of programming on it, and I could never go apple.

jkfsr

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Stay away for the Droid razr. The battery life is atrocious.

I am happy with the battery on my Razr. It last all day with moderate use.:) I considered returning it for the Nexus but after reading all the different forums I decided that the Razr is fine for me. Rooted right away, froze bloatware, love the screen. Will stick with it.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
For those like me, not into rooting and roms, the "pure android" experience was a bust. Didn't do (easily) thing I wanted, such at placing shortcuts of specific files on my home screens, and required more navigation steps for some functions.

I may be wrong, but for an average user not going to use custom roms and stuff, a nice htc sense skin proved to be a more pleasant experience.

My question about posts like this is why? There's no accounting for taste so not everyone is going to like the phone. There's no harm in that. However, if you don't like the phone and want to return it there's nothing anyone in this forum is going to say or do to change your mind. Basically, the only point of this post is to bother people in this forum who enjoy the phone.

I don't hack my phone. Every version of HTC Sense I've experienced has been terrible. It's a resource hog. My wife is constantly having memory issues with her Droid Incredible.

ICS is great. The Galaxy Nexus battery's is good. I used it all day at Epcot yesterday and the battery didn't go dead. I took pictures, checked Facebook, took a one minute video, and it did fine.

Reactions: Premium1

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Basically, the only point of this post is to bother people in this forum who enjoy the phone.

I sincerely apologize. I must not have read the part of the forum rules where it states :no complaints about phones should be posted. Only people who enjoy the phone and have positive comments should create new threads"

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
For those like me, not into rooting and roms, the "pure android" experience was a bust. Didn't do (easily) thing I wanted, such at placing shortcuts of specific files on my home screens, and required more navigation steps for some functions.

I may be wrong, but for an average user not going to use custom roms and stuff, a nice htc sense skin proved to be a more pleasant experience.

I don't want to seem mean but there's just no away around it; if you don't like the "Pure Android" experience and intend to return your Galaxy Nexus, why bother to post about it here? :eek: Just take it back and keep it moving. :-X It just seems to me that posts like this are good for nothing except causing strife (just look at this thread). :cool:

Reactions: nemov and Premium1

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
If you are returning it, return it and pick another phone. Android is all about choice. No need to make a thread about it if you are returning it unless you are just trying to stir up the forum. No phone is perfect.

Reactions: nemov

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
You'll probably love the iphone. No hacking needed -- just turn on and go.

I agree with this post. Can't go wrong with iPhone 4S or the Rezound. I would recommended looking at reviews on AC or PhoneArena as they both have great reviews and will break down the product in an unbiased manner.

Sent via Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

lobolocojo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
The purpose of this post is not to bash the GN, so please don't be offended if you chose differently than I did. Like you guys I waited a long time for the Galaxy Nexus. After messing with it and the Rezound I chose the Rezound. The main reasons I prefer the Rezound:

I prefer the crispness and natural colors on the Rezound's SLCD with more ppi to the GN's pentile SAMOLED (though the latter performs better in direct sunlight).
I prefer the camera on the Rezound. It's shutter is instant and the photos are sharper.
I prefer longer battery life on the Rezound (with the 2750 mAh extended battery)
I prefer the thickness and solid feel of the Rezound in my hand to the width and thinness of the GN.
I prefer the ability to install my 32 GB SD card on my Rezound making it a 48 GB phone to not being able to install a SD on the GN.
I prefer being able to mount the Rezound as a USB mass storage device as opposed to being unable to on the GN.
I prefer having a dedicated search button on the bottom right of the phone as opposed to having search be in a menu.
I found Sense to be more intuitive and consistent than stock ICS, and without suffering any sort of lag.

That being said, I would appreciate it if HTC did not include preinstalled 3rd party apps that I cannot uninstall. Not that it has noticeably affected the Rezound's performance, but I think the ability to choose what apps and features you want on your phone is important.

If you prefer pentile display to SLCD the GN is a phone for you.
If the quality of the camera isn't of high priority to you, then the GN is a good choice.
If 32GB is enough storage for you, and mounting the phone is not important, the GN is a good choice.
If you don't use the search function often or don't mind an extra step in getting to it, the GN is a good choice.
If you absolutely hate Sense UI and feel there will never be a way around that, but you love ICS then the GN is the only choice for you right now.

I hope this post is helpful to those trying to make a decision about whether to keep their phone or find another. I will add that I had the Razr and imho it is not in the same league as the Rezound or GN. On the Razr, the non HD screen and poor camera combined with atrocious battery life and uncomfortable fit in the hand makes it a phone that's only really good for showing people and saying "isn't it amazing how thin it is?"

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
The purpose of this post is not to bash the GN, so please don't be offended if you chose differently than I did. Like you guys I waited a long time for the Galaxy Nexus. After messing with it and the Rezound I chose the Rezound.

Thank you. My only intent was to point out that this phone may not be for everyone. There are many like me who enjoy the ease of use of a nice UI, and don't need the "pure" android experience.

As others have posted, there are some pretty silly basic thing that this phone doesn't do "out of the box" such as separate volume for ringer and notifications. Those are things that weren't in initial reviews, and why some of us will return to something like the Rezound

Look at my original post, I never bashed this phone, just said that it wasn't rockin' it for me

These are discussion forum too, not just "how to" forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood