What is a good amount of free memory?

jejasin

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking at the running processes and it shows around 420 MB of ram being used and 270 free. I don't have much running so this kind of seems like a lot of memory being used in idle. What are your numbers like?

Also another question...I can't figure out where to turn off automatic facebook updating. I don't want to get notifications every time someone comments on something on my wall :-\

mechapathy

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
1. The RAM bit is normal. It's the way Android manages resources. It's a complicated explanation for another time. DON'T get a task killer and start killing things. That's bad juju. Plus Android will just fill the memory you freed.

2. Facebook notifications are handled in the settings of the Facebook app. Open Facebook>menu>Settings.

Reactions: jejasin

jejasin

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
1. The RAM bit is normal. It's the way Android manages resources. It's a complicated explanation for another time. DON'T get a task killer and start killing things. That's bad juju. Plus Android will just fill the memory you freed.

2. Facebook notifications are handled in the settings of the Facebook app. Open Facebook>menu>Settings.

1. Yeah there's no need for task killers anymore.

2. Ah great thanks. I kept looking at my synced accounts and it wasnt there.